Stewart out till first final?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kingyfans source is that he/she copied it directly from Tookeys post of last week or the week before

There's enough rumours going around about B.Stewy this year. I'm not expecting any miracles but I won't believe he's out for longer than initially predicted until it's plastered all over the papers. The story would no doubt make the papers if it were true.
Stewy's district court mention happens next week. I expect the papers will go nuts again, though Brett himself wont be appearing this time, only his legal reps.

Dan link said:
Kingyfans source is that he/she copied it directly from Tookeys post of last week or the week before
Missed that one - should have its own thread.  And Tookey's source?

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180447.msg223831#msg223831 date=1242860489]
[/quote]

Can not be revealed, but I believe it to be a very genuine and good source......put it this way Tookey hasn't been wrong on a lot of the information he has released

I gotta admit I don't expect to see him back... if he does come back first week of the finals would be great... If we can sneak into the 8 (which I think we will) Stewy comes back and produces what he did earlier this year we are in with a huge show. That being said... no player returns to top form that quickly after a knee op.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=180447.msg223883#msg223883 date=1242876644]
[/quote]

Can not be revealed, but I believe it to be a very genuine and good source......put it this way Tookey hasn't been wrong on a lot of the information he has released
[/quote]

Yeah its true, hes been right so many times before. I just wonder why the club would get everyones hopes up with that 8-12 weeks...

KaZa link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180447.msg223888#msg223888 date=1242877733]
[quote author=Rex link=topic=180447.msg223883#msg223883 date=1242876644]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah its true, hes been right so many times before. I just wonder why the club would get everyones hopes up with that 8-12 weeks...
[/quote]

The club has said 8-12 weeks because no-one really knows how quick it will take his cartlidge to heal.  

He could well be back in 2-3 months time but the reailty is that it will be a week or two before the semi's at the earliest.  The longer the better as he may suffer long term damage if he comes back to early.  

An informant of mine (aged approximately 11) but an adamant Sea Eagles supporter, insisted that he heard on the radio that Stewy would by ready to play in 3 weeks. Is this source reliable? Most likely not, but it's nice to find a fellow Sea Eagle amongst all the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans youngens I'm surrounded by. It would certainly be great if the young fella was right.

My info is a two weeks old so I will check for an update next week with my source.

deadlyeagle link said:
My \"source\" was stuck in the cupboard, very reliable, good listenter and very tasty.
I'm experimenting with sauce in the dish, might help grow the cartilege.

Ian Martin tragic link said:
I want some of that cartilege. is it for sale on ebay?
(veteran of 3 arthroscopies on the knees before regrowing it was trendy)

Ditto to that. Genuine war wound (Gulf 1) had PCL replaced. Surgeon asked after scan for PCL damage when I'd had my cartilege done told him I'd never had it done to which he replied "Your cartilege is f***ed". Which I though was nice language for an RAF officer.

Star on ice till play-offs
By David Riccio | May 24, 2009 12:00am

Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are sayingEmail article ShareAdd to DiggAdd to del.icio.usPost to NewsVinePost to FacebookWhat are these? Printer friendly Text size+-  Serious injury ... Manly officials do not expect Brett Stewart to return for at least four months. / The Daily Telegraph
MANLY fullback Brett Stewart is unlikely to return before this year's finals series, with his knee injury worse than first feared.
Due back in court on Tuesday after pleading not guilty to two sexual assault charges, Stewart's horror year has been compounded by the injury sustained in round 6 against the Rabbitohs.

The initial prognosis after surgery was that Stewart would spend eight to 12 weeks on the sidelines.

But according to Stewart's agent, George Mimis, the brilliant No1 will be out for at least another four months. "He's still on crutches and while everybody is really happy with the progression, Brett is still at an early stage of rehabilitation,'' Mimis said.

"This is the same knee he had surgery on in 2007 and Des (Hasler) and the Manly medical team are determined to have him come back 100 per cent right. He'll only come back when he's ready. It's not about rushing it.''

Related LinksGallery: Brett Stewart's life in photos
Manly officials are confident Stewart will return to his brilliant best. But further surgery to his right knee would cause complications.

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer labelled Stewart's injury as "serious'' and reiterated the club's safety-first approach. "It's a serious injury that's got to be treated properly,'' Mayer said. "He's under no pressure from the club's perspective.''

The Sea Eagles have won just two of their six matches without Stewart this season. But wins over Brisbane and Parramatta in recent weeks have galvanised the premiers as they build momentum going into today's match against Gold Coast at Skilled Stadium.

TigerNige link said:
[quote author=Ian Martin tragic link=topic=180447.msg224222#msg224222 date=1243095474]
I want some of that cartilege. is it for sale on ebay?
(veteran of 3 arthroscopies on the knees before regrowing it was trendy)

Ditto to that. Genuine war wound (Gulf 1) had PCL replaced. Surgeon asked after scan for PCL damage when I'd had my cartilege done told him I'd never had it done to which he replied "Your cartilege is f***ed". Which I though was nice language for an RAF officer.
[/quote]

you were in the military and you find the f word offensive?

21st blanket folding battalian i take it

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8