Stewart or Hiku?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
So do you go for MOM Hiku (who ran for 300m against the Roosters) this week or the guy who hasn't played in three weeks?

I can't see how another week is going to make a lot of difference to Snakes hammy; there would have to be some doubt about his ability to get through 80 minutes.

Is an at risk Stewart a better proposition than a fit Hiku?

No brainer man; if he's fit enough to play (no point if he's limping about). We is gonna need everything we got, especially experience, as there will be a let down after the intensity vs the roosters.

Think you'd have to have Hiku on the bench to cover him, which is a waste of a bench spot.

How would Hiku go on the bench instead of Buhrer?

That's the drama, Carney is stuffed because he came back with a dodgy hammy.

Hammy's are the sort of thing that there either 100% or not.

Snake on the bench is a good option. Don't worry about his fitness, all the time he has been out this year he came back first start and had a blinder.

That is why he is key.

Hiku looks versatile, 2V can rotate him through a few positions if we do need to use Stewart.

Personally recon Stewart will end up smoking a pipe on the bench against the Gummy's.

We will beat the Sharks so unless Brett is 100% I would leave him out completely.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
How would Hiku go on the bench instead of Buhrer?

Snake needs match fitness, if he is confident in playing, then let him play last 20 minutes in 1st half and first 20 minutes in 2nd half.:idea:

But Petal would handle the Sharks easy :angel:

Manly needs to conserve their energy as much as they can for the following weeks' games.

I hope that Carney does play as that will leave them with 16 men ASAP:cool:

bob dylan said:
We will beat the Sharks so unless Brett is 100% I would leave him out completely.

Agree with Bob. If the boys are fair dinkum they will manage the Sharkies without Snake.

Cronulla will have the same problem with Carney and it could hurt them. I wouldn't be surprised if Snake told Carney there's not point risking it as all it will do is disrupt the side, which is why Carney has come out early saying he will make the call early this week instead of later.

The real issue is without looking past this week is getting Snake ready for the possible Preliminary and Grand Final (which we will need him for 100% or not)

Is it true that players with dodgy hammies are more likely to get hurt when they are tired? If it's a heavy field maybe stick with Hiku.

Toovey has been planning for this all year. There is a reason we played some games with only 16, so that we can carry a spare snake if the going gets tough.

Start Hiku, brench snake, and only play him if we need to.

I think the team that played last weekend " should " beat the Sharks. We would however def need the extra spark V the Vermin, so I vote to rest him unless 100%.

If we lose there would be he'll to play, BUT there are bigger fish to fry

Hiku. To put Snake on the bench eats up a valuable spot. What if Ballin went down injured? I don't think we could afford to drop Ferris to make a spot for Snake on the bench. If Snake is not absolutely 100%, leave him out and play Hiku.

I have no preference, Hiku did an exceptional Job..First finals appearance and was as safe as houses. Snake offers more of a threat but with either in the team we are good enough to win at least this weekend. Having a back on the bench may lose you a spot but remeber last season when Lyon got injured unexpectidly got injured? Maybe Toovs was planning on this scenario from the start hence playing 16 of 17 players in a lot of games...The season is long and our aging team plays harder than most, Injuries always come at the back end of the season so contingency is important especially in finals footy. Who ever Toovs puts in will do the job required and get our team to the qualifier.

Now just waiting for the next 10 mins to pass so i can get my tix for Friday night :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6