Stewart offered $3.5 million to quit league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good...now can we get back on topic!!

Does anyone think this is fair dinkum or just his player manager trying to talk him up or Dean Ritchie talking through his arse again???

I'm with you Mark. I'm finding this offer a little hard to swallow. Sounds like a Management beat up to me.

I was expecting Brett to get a 2 year contract now we are looking at 4. Manly's offer a 3 year deal sounds about right. Either way I'm fairly confident he will stay more so today than I was six months ago.

Especially now he was now he is the Prince of both Brookie and ANZ after his 2 try success in SOO.

I imagine he'll want to stay with Gifty.....if he does sign for 3 years expect an extension for Gifty of 1 year...and then probably they'll both shuffle off to the UK for a couple of years on a 'double deal" with some Super League cashed up club...if so good luck to them and perfect for us.

Here's hoping anyway.

PS: whomever was the Mod that made this afternoons decision...thanks

People are just too precious Marko's.
This is all supposed to be fun, mate.

Not directed at you mate.

Ryan said:
People are just too precious Marko's.
This is all supposed to be fun, mate.

Not directed at you mate.

Not taken that way Ryan.....no drama's with you mate, ever!!!

And agree it should be fun, and it is...most of the time!!

What should have happened, has, and that's to be applauded.....lets hope Mr Clown learns a valuable lesson...and when he comes back lets just talk footy and none of the other **** he loves getting into to stir up the troops!!

BUT

As I say "lets move on"

Mark from Brisbane said:

Does anyone think this is fair dinkum or just his player manager trying to talk him up or Dean Ritchie talking through his arse again???

I seem to think if this offer is true which i find hard to believe, i think the club should let him go , Brett is only one bad injury from retirement, and a 4 year deal is out of the question....... remember the club has stuck by Brett and supported him all the way. I find it a bit off putting that he seems to be holding out for more dollars......I'm sure the club made a more then reasonable offer. In saying that i see his reasoning but the club should never be paying 6ook a season for Brett. Remember we cannot have everyone , sooner or later the club will have to make some tough decisions regarding some senior players, in the view of youth for the future . Look i know alot will think I'm an idiot, hell Ive loved watching him over his time here also , but i think its time to let him go and all the best to him.

It's a beat up by ritchie and a manager doing his job to maximise his client and his own payments.

Doubt very much if it will eventuate but great for Brett if it does.

c eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I seem to think if this offer is true which i find hard to believe, i think the club should let him go , Brett is only one bad injury from retirement, and a 4 year deal is out of the question....... remember the club has stuck by Brett and supported him all the way. I find it a bit off putting that he seems to be holding out for more dollars......I'm sure the club made a more then reasonable offer. In saying that i see his reasoning but the club should never be paying 6ook a season for Brett. Remember we cannot have everyone , sooner or later the club will have to make some tough decisions regarding some senior players, in the view of youth for the future . Look i know alot will think I'm an idiot, hell Ive loved watching him over his time here also , but i think its time to let him go and all the best to him.
A lot of what you say makes sense. I think Brett would be pushing for more $$$ because he has to. He doesn't get the endorsements other players at his level get because of the court case and he was thousands out of pocket because of the court case.

You like many others are right if he can really get that money and its in another sport and he won't play against manly I'd be treating like we treated beaver in 2008 as if he was retiring.

If we lose a player like Snake at this point in his career then we lose the backbone of the team IMO. It will be a major setback for us and will not help the careers of guys like Foran and DCE. Those 2 need Snake and Ballin to carry on the great spine of this club for a few years yet.

Ryan said:
tookey said:
You never have to worry about no toilet paper in the bathroom if you are reading Dean Ritchie articles while sitting on the loo.

Hahahahaha....if Dean Ritchies arse were a Chinese Restaraunt, I'd order the poo poo platter. :exclamation:

If Dean Ritchie ran a Chinese restaurant it would be called "Always Wong".

Watching dean Ritchie on the game plan it's looks like his one of those bobble heads people put on their car dash.
His head has out grown his body.

swoop said:
The easy way to work out if mr I is a troll.

Just ask yourselves: when does his visit the forum?

Answer: it's generally when there is drama at the club, re player or management issues.

Why? To s**t stir under the pretence of being concerned.

He's a troll

I said this last time he came in and stirred ****. He is only seen when a negative subject about our club arises. The posters on the kennel call him a A grade dribbler, need i say more lol.

At last- Invisible by name, Invisible by nature.

On the issue of the English rugby offer, would it be a long bow to assume Ritchie doing a favour for Zorba, who in turn is doing a turn for the Stewart family? Aren't Zorba and Snake's dad supposed to be business partners? Even if this is the case, I don't begrudge Snake trying to look after himself as best he can.

mickqld said:
Just give him the 4yr deal he's worth it.

I agree. Gutherson can start on the wing and take over at the back once Brett moves on. He will have learnt from the best.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6