Stewart looking for Catalans deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In a way I do feel for Snake because it wasn't supposed to be like this. Realistically it was supposed to be a two year handover period with Tommy learning on the wing and Snake still the lynch pin at fullback. But with injuries and other, shall we say external factors, things have turned around rather quickly and for the first time in over a decade we look better without Snake in the side as Tom is really starting to find his feet at fullback.

Snake's ego has taken a battering this year and that's not an easy thing for anyone to take. And being told three weeks ago by Barrett that he was basically being dropped (if the story about Barrett arguing with Bozo and others about it is to be believed), and then to see the team play so well against St Merge then the Warriors wouldn't have helped.

TBH I'm not sure Snake getting a farewell game at Brookie is a good thing for the team moving forward, though I wouldn't be against it if it happened. After his stellar career in the maroon and white its the least he deserves.

Either way, whatever happens I and probably most others wish him well and if he does go to Catalans to join Gifty I hope that he gets his mojo back and shows 'em that there is still life left in those old legs.

In a way I do feel for Snake because it wasn't supposed to be like this. Realistically it was supposed to be a two year handover period with Tommy learning on the wing and Snake still the lynch pin at fullback. But with injuries and other, shall we say external factors, things have turned around rather quickly and for the first time in over a decade we look better without Snake in the side as Tom is really starting to find his feet at fullback.

Snake's ego has taken a battering this year and that's not an easy thing for anyone to take. And being told three weeks ago by Barrett that he was basically being dropped (if the story about Barrett arguing with Bozo and others about it is to be believed), and then to see the team play so well against St Merge then the Warriors wouldn't have helped.

TBH I'm not sure Snake getting a farewell game at Brookie is a good thing for the team moving forward, though I wouldn't be against it if it happened. After his stellar career in the maroon and white its the least he deserves.

Either way, whatever happens I and probably most others wish him well and if he does go to Catalans to join Gifty I hope that he gets his mojo back and shows 'em that there is still life left in those old legs.
What do you mean by external factors? If it's what I think you mean, getting a send off game, or being dropped 3 weeks ago, would be the least of his concerns.

I can't recall what game it was - Raiders maybe? One of those in which we started off getting hammered, then had a good spell in the middle, then fell away again..but for a few minutes at about the 20 minute mark, one B Stewart injected himself into the line in attack, and we deadset scored about three quick tries down the left while he was firing. He ran onto passes, set up plays for the men outside and fired perfectly-timed cut-outs. Then he faded out of the game again...we lost, and he has barely been seen since. I think (hope) that there is life in those legs yet, and that his ultra-classy ball-playing and timing can help us jag a few more games before all this is through.

I was at his debut game many years ago, and remember watching this young kid who so obviously had masses of class and speed, and he has been carving up ever since. We need Snake, if he can get his **** together and stop playing like a busted arse. I think he still has a job to do this year, and will get back on the paddock for a swan-song, before he loops around the backline one last time, slides over out wide and then rides off into the sunset. Come on Snake, be the Prince of Brookvale a few more times...

I can honestly say I hope he doesn't make it back on the field, it's been his attitude that's been a shining becon the past two seasons, and we are a better team now without him, he seems to have a chip on his shoulder, go back over the last couple of seasons and just notice how many try celebrations snake gets involved in.... Once we go over he'll just walk away....or if someone gets belted over the side/dead ball line, he won't help no one up.... The guys lost it, great in his day but has really **** on his legacy in the last couple of season s here.... His time was up before his last contract extension and should have gone to England with Glenn.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6