Stewart Court Case?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It pretty much has gone pretty quiet with the Brett Stewart case, I was really hoping by now that the DPP had reviewed and agreed to drop the case on lack of sufficent evidence.. I sure wish we hear soemthing soon.

OneEyedEagle link said:
It pretty much has gone pretty quiet with the Brett Stewart case, I was really hoping by now that the DPP had reviewed and agreed to drop the case on lack of sufficent evidence.. I sure wish we hear soemthing soon.
I think it's all hush-hush at the moment in the best interest of the (alleged) victim as many conflicting stories were published in the initial media frenzy.

April 7th will be a looooooooooong day as I await this news. Will need some good news that week so I hope it arrives

Kiwi Eagle link said:
April 7th will be a looooooooooong day as I await this news. Will need some good news that week so I hope it arrives
There'll be lots of cameras snapping that day. I just hope the shots are of a smiling B. Stewart.

Smiling B.Stewart unleashing a tirade on the NRL would be perfect, and putting 3 tries on the board that weekend

Have to laugh, every time Gallop pops up on TV, The old lady goes mental, 2 weeks ago she would have had no idea who he was haha

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Smiling B.Stewart unleashing a tirade on the NRL would be perfect, and putting 3 tries on the board that weekend

Have to laugh, every time Gallop pops up on TV, The old lady goes mental, 2 weeks ago she would have had no idea who he was haha

Funny you say that Kiwi, my mum can't stand the cretin Gallop, thinks he is a turd. She is hanging out for the snake and wolfie to be back in the side, misses the beaver and wants 2 mins left alone with the young 17yo that has made the allegation. She reckons two minutes is all she will need to get the real story straight (yeah I was just out there having a somke, As if). Not bad a for a 72yo, she's just like a well trained Rottweiler

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=179793.msg214962#msg214962 date=1237795424]

Funny you say that Kiwi, my mum can't stand the cretin Gallop, thinks he is a turd. She is hanging out for the snake and wolfie to be back in the side, misses the beaver and wants 2 mins left alone with the young 17yo that has made the allegation. She reckons two minutes is all she will need to get the real story straight (yeah I was just out there having a somke, As if). Not bad a for a 72yo, she's just like a well trained Rottweiler
[/quote]Your Mum sounds like a character. I'd back her to take down Gallop any day.

Your Mum sounds like a character. I'd back her to take down Gallop any day.
[/quote]

She's a crack up and Ali G' says : Aye! respect.

But seriously Gallop wouldn't know what hit him.

Would him teach the difference between what is right and wrong and what the customer (US - the fans want, not what Murdoch wants).

Ryano sounds like he knows the drum.....I have a really good mate who is a legal eagle and I was speaking to him only yesterday about this.

They all use (legal eagles) big words that us everyday people can't understand (which is why they get away with charging $2000 a day for something that I'd be flat out getting $200 for) but he was saying much the same.

7th of April will be a "mention day" only, pretty low key and not much will happen, everyone's pinning their hopes on this all being over by 7th April...in his words (my mates) " that's not going to happen it could go on for 3-9 months and a lot will be based on court time and Geoff Bellews available time"

I think Brett will quitely come back to play when his suspension is over and continue about his business with the other thing hanging over his head until (in all likelihood) until the end of the season at best.

Thanks for the legal knowledge. Sounds like a longer haul than we'd like to hope for.

Mark i understand that the judge can choose not to proceed further if there is a lack of evidence?

My mate reckons that after the Bulldogs mishandling that the DPP will let this play out all the way, better to be "safe than sorry" like they were last time.

He said he'd be surprised if they did this and expected this to be a full term situation....if he's then found not guilty they have their backsides covered and are "seen" to be doing the right thing.

Again all of this is just straight from his lips yesterday when I asked him about how it all worked....I am a travel agent NOT a solicitor so just passing the comments on!!

Rex you are close to being on the money. A friend was involved in a case which was very serious, all the police and the counsellor involved with the alleged victim thought he was innocent and the other party, including witnesses, lying. However it got through committal and to trial where the judge threw it out on the first day. Because of the high profile nature of part of the case, the first judge on the commital case did not want the publicity of being the one who threw the case out. (Probably scared of the Daily Terror publicity.) 

CW my mate said pretty much the same thing...they'd let it go all the way and if it gets tossed out in the first day it's the judge that's done this so everyone has their backsides clean...or something like that!!

So I guess we can expect headlines such as this after April 7:

Stewart case goes to trial.
Judge declares enough evidence to pursue with Stewart charge.
Stewart to face jury.

Jeez I wish I could sit in a room as a mediator with Stewie and the girl (not the father) and find out what actually happened on that fateful night.

niccipops link said:
So I guess we can expect headlines such as this after April 7:

Stewart case goes to trial.
Judge declares enough evidence to pursue with Stewart charge.
Stewart to face jury.

Jeez I wish I could sit in a room as a mediator with Stewie and the girl (not the father) and find out what actually happened on that fateful night.

hmmm were you the type who used to always open your xmas presents the night before?

edited by dan

Niccipops, if it goes to trial you would be able to sit in a courtroom and listen to it all happen, unless the judge rules that it is a closed court, due to the age of the 'alleged victim'.

You are dead right on the headlines that will appear once again - there will be no presumption of innocense!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
Niccipops, if it goes to trial you would be able to sit in a courtroom and listen to it all happen, unless the judge rules that it is a closed court, due to the age of the 'alleged victim'.

You are dead right on the headlines that will appear once again - there will be no presumption of innocense!!!
I'm too far away to attend the courts - working undercover at a secret location of course. I guess the curiosity of not knowing what actually happened in the Stewart case has got me a bit obsessed. I guess I just have to take a chill pill. Bring on round five!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4