Stewart confirmed with the Raiders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Glenn Stewart has been confirmed on a 3 year? deal with the Canberra Raiders starting in the 2015 NRL competition.

After months of speculation as to his future and pleas in the media for an extended contract at his much loved Sea Eagles, Glenn Stewarts management has today confirmed that he has come to terms with the Raiders and will join the ranks under Ricky Stewart at seasons end.

Read More

Glenn Stewart has been confirmed on a 3 year  deal with the Canberra Raiders starting in the 2015 NRL competition.

After months of speculation as to his future and pleas in the media for an extend
Glenn+Stewart+izoGyi8pi8im1.jpg
ed contract at his much loved Sea Eagles, Glenn Stewarts management has today confirmed that he has come to terms with the Raiders and will join the ranks under Ricky Stewart at seasons end.

Stewart expressed his disappointment with not being even offered a contract at Manly, and is disappointed to not be finishing things where everything started, but is also buoyed by the fact that his initial promise is yet to be broken. The announcement comes with speculation rife, that his brother Brett may also sever ties with the Sea Eagles to see out his career at the Raiders.

In surprise news that Milford, the Raiders fullback is rumoured to be signed with the Bulldogs for 2015, word in League circles is a buzz with talk that Brett is keen to follow his brother, and Manly keen to unload the injury prone Brett from their roster, in favour of the up and coming, and very impressive Peta Hiku.

The exit of Glenn and Brett is likely to see great shockwaves ripple through the Eagles, with further speculation that the core group is extremely upset at what is being seen as a snub. Several players are rumoured to have approached management with a “please explain” and speculation is that several key players are set to walk out on their contracts in coming weeks.

The first of which is Jason King who has voiced a desire to play alongside his close friend Sam Burgess in Rugby Union.

The Sea Eagles have been one of the most successful teams in the modern era, and it is feared the upcoming exodus of players will see them fall well below what we have seen in the past few years.

We can only say, watch this space, as rumours coming out of Narrabeen aren’t great, further boardroom conflict is fit to burst, certain members of the board, are less than happy with rumours that Manly are looking to sell the naming rights of the Sea Eagles home ground, a move which is widely believed to be the beginning the process which will see the Sea Eagles re-locate, taking advantage of the money on offer by the NRL.

Daily Mail 01-04-2014

Boo.
I hope he's getting a motza if this is true, good luck there Glenn, just finish here with one more premiership.

I thought his management was meeting at Manly today?
If true. Not good.

i would've preferred a "Tony Williams returns to Manly as forwards coach on ten year deal, coach toovey says "the powerhouse forward will bring much needed enthousiasm and straightening up for an aging and slowing forward pack" style april fools article ;)

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Well that has to be just about the worst news to wake up to after the Alex Mac diagnosis...IF all accurate!
Would LOVE to know who is precisely responsible for our contract retention policy??

" Jason King's good mate Sam Burgess " ???

Last thing we need after such a positive start
to the season.

'Come to terms' does not mean signed? Does it? Maybe the manager is upping the ante for top dollar before Glenn meets with Manly management today.
I hope this is the case.

I smell a rat in that article.

The line Jason king to follow good mate sam burgess gives it away. PLus there is no link to the original article as is the case with article postings.

It is 1 April after all. Was good for a laugh :) I can see it giving people heart attacks this morning. :)

Guys its not April 1st here...

Confirmed on Twitter
Neil Evans ‏@NeilEvansmail 3m
NRL: So my good mate Glenn Stewart will play out his career with the mighty @RaidersCanberra 2015-17. So Many young forwards will benefit!

He can get out of this I'm sure, he obviously signed while he was still concussed. Why else would someone agree to play under Sticky?

It's on Twitter, I wish it were a joke, but Twitter don't lie

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4