Stewart charged - Faces 4-6 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sir Pigman

Reserve Grader
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59985/glenn-stewart-facing-4-6-week-suspension/default.aspx

Conn gets 1 week for his job on kite sorry but that for me is to light
Anyway hope the chooks get smashed in the finals- like the tigers I couldn't stand them to win this year

How is Glenns one worse than Conns?

Glenn just put his arm in front of his face. Conn coathangered a bloke.

This is the wrong way around. Everything to do with this Rooters game is a farce.

Glenn was even facing or looking at Anasta so I cannot see how they can prove intent.  Bellew will surely get him off.

One week for the coathanger on Kite seems good value to me.  Conn is probably thinking he should have done it to King as well.

Is the 50% discount for knocking out a Manly player an official rule yet or is it still just an understanding between the NRL and the players?

Glenn's tackle may have been careless but it wasn't reckless, unlike the Conn job.

Hasn't Glenn got a good record? Surely that will come into it.

I can't stick up for Glenn on this one

It is fine to call a lack of intent, which is probably true, but it was a terrible hit

Anasta had passed the ball, and to clock him where he did, Glenn had to raise his arms up to head height and lead with a forearm/elbow

If Gallen had done that to Lyon we would be up in arms, and rightly so

You blokes are kidding right?

To even suggest that a lazy slap in the face from Conn is anything like what Glenn Stewart did to Anasta is bordering on insane. Those 2 incidents were poles apart.

Yeah sorry glens was much much worse. As the ball was being passed his elbow was pointing straight down and he raised it all the way up past his shoulders. Conn's was reckless, he was just being stupid with a wild grab.

Theres good video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7atLVZZ__o

clontaago link said:

To even suggest that a lazy slap in the face from Conn is anything like what Glenn Stewart did to Anasta is bordering on insane. Those 2 incidents were poles apart.

Agreed

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=184942.msg288733#msg288733 date=1283148105]

I agree glen's tackle was much worse than Dan conn
but I thought Dan cons tackle deserved more than 1 week

Agreed
[/quote]

I would have marched the pair of them. If Matai or Morley had done the Conn tackle they would have gone straight away. Brent Kite is no certainty to play this coming week just quietly.

clontaago link said:

A slap on the face is what Matthew Newton does...
This hiit knocked out Brent Kite, a really tough guy who had to be taken off.

It's a shame for Glen and Manly but he does deserve 4-6 weeks for that hit, but I also feel Conn should get more then one week.

so when we get knocked out this week out of the 8 does stewart then lose the right to play the first 4 or 5 games next year anyone know???????

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6