Stewart brothers laugh off exit talk

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Also a key person manly did retain is the physio right? Is this the physio that worked with Brett for 2 years to overcome injuries? If so, that ought to count for a fair bit in retaining Brett.

I don't think Darren wants Brett cut, currently I would be very nervous offering $500k per season. No issue with it now as it's part of his current deal and obviously back ended. Brett is important to us and I am sure we will pay whatever is market value is and I am happy with that. He did get though most of last season, and games he did miss was not a result of his knees. It's not all bad and anyone can get injured, not just Brett.

Garts said:
I don't think Darren wants Brett cut, currently I would be very nervous offering $500k per season. No issue with it now as it's part of his current deal and obviously back ended. Brett is important to us and I am sure we will pay whatever is market value is and I am happy with that. He did get though most of last season, and games he did miss was not a result of his knees. It's not all bad and anyone can get injured, not just Brett.

Stop being sensible Garts. It just doesnt fit well with the "all over the shop" flavour of this thread.

I'm alot happier with Weidler atm then i am with Ritchie, Rothfield, wilson and co. That's great news.

I'm not really sure why there is all this worry over Snakes knees. He just completed a whole season with relative ease. Shaun Timmins did it for years. He'll be ok if they manage it right.

What Snake has offered to the club over his career he deserves every cent he gets and more. Not many players retire as dual premiership winners and fewer do so as a key factor in those premierships. I'd be happy to have Manly fork out $500k for his next contract as fullbacks of his quality don't come along every day (though Manly have been lucky with blokes like him, Wombat and Ridge at his peak).

They have worked extrmely hard for our club and deserve the $$, both stewarts have played major roles into our success over the years.

Also with Brett IMO he was not even at 100% through out the whole year not even close , and we still saw him dominate and play a major role, even in his quiet games watch him bark orders, where to plug holes in our defensive line, reading the game etc he contributes in so many ways..,hamstring was not right and fitness was still not there. Imagine when he gets those things right again and off the back of last year we still saw there was plenty of wriggle left in the Snake!! he has plenty more to offer! not to mention that he basically had to rule him self out of playing origin this year, he could of made that side being 70% fit.

Not only is Brett's try scoring ratio the best in the league his defensive efforts & leadership at fullback are outstanding. No other fullback or outside back, Slater comes the closest, tackles with his aggressiveness & effectiveness.

Glenn keeps gettting better with age & like his brother is a very aggressive defender and his ball playing in attack is the best in the league for a forward.

Both of these boys although in their mid to late 20s have only played approx 150 NRL games so I think they still have a lot of mileage left in their legs. I hope they both stay in the maroon & white for many years to come!

Haz88 said:
They have worked extrmely hard for our club and deserve the $$, both stewarts have played major roles into our success over the years.

Also with Brett IMO he was not even at 100% through out the whole year not even close , and we still saw him dominate and play a major role, even in his quiet games watch him bark orders, where to plug holes in our defensive line, reading the game etc he contributes in so many ways..,hamstring was not right and fitness was still not there. Imagine when he gets those things right again and off the back of last year we still saw there was plenty of wriggle left in the Snake!! he has plenty more to offer! not to mention that he basically had to rule him self out of playing origin this year, he could of made that side being 70% fit.
You sir are on the money. I think we only saw 85% of the prince can do in 2011. Im expecting a fitter stronger Brett Stewart in 2012 and that is scary.

Ryan said:
The Eagle said:
Darren said:
it's alot of money Cam for someone who has been injury plagued. It will be interesting to see in 2013 what his value will be on the open market? Very glad he ain't leaving though!!

What team do you REALLY go for? Is it souths still?

STFU, and quit with that immature "go for another team" dribble. Seriously, why bother with it? What value to your life to you get from it?

Jesus.

Darren's a hard core Manly fan. It takes full blown rednecks of the highest order for fans to say these types of statements in debates.

"Hey Ryan, you used to be a Bears fan - nah, nah, nah, nah, naaah."

FMD, we are supposed to be better than that. I also notice Darren never degrades himself to get involved with the dribble most push at him.

On topic: Brett Stewart is one of the most important pieces in this team of ours. People should remember what we were like when he wasn't involved (injured).

If he wants a contract, I don't care how much it is, give it to him.

I agree, it is very tiresome to hear the old 'go for another team' line!

I think Snake was well below his best this year. He did provide the usual highlights and freakish plays but there were a lot more errors in his game this year, mainly dropped bombs. In his pre injury days he was rock solid under the high ball.

All points to good things though, as he should be better for it in 2012.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7