Stewart brothers laugh off exit talk

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brett Stewart is worth the money, not only for his football talent, but the advertising dollars and vibe he brings to the club. Kids love the guy and his profile for the club will only get better. Kids of today are the supporters of the future. Get them early and you have them for life. He's worth the money.

eggson said:
One thing i've noticed is how Perry has become much more involved in regards to interviews lately. Before the GF i'd never read a thing from him

Thats because he doesn't need permission from his employees anymore. i.e Peter Peters and Des. :huh: He actually has room to breathe now. Here's hoping we hear more from him.

Darren said:
it's alot of money Cam for someone who has been injury plagued. It will be interesting to see in 2013 what his value will be on the open market? Very glad he ain't leaving though!!

Sorry Darren your full of ****
Brett debut in late 2004 did his shoulder in that game tackling Jamie
Played all of 2005 ,06,07 and 08. Had two season ending Injuries in 09 and 10 and then played most of 2011.

Another stat for u to stick in your pipe and smoke Darren the last 3 seasons where Brett has played the whole season or most of we have either made the gf or won the comp. Worth every cent of the 500k

The Eagle said:
Darren said:
it's alot of money Cam for someone who has been injury plagued. It will be interesting to see in 2013 what his value will be on the open market? Very glad he ain't leaving though!!

What team do you REALLY go for? Is it souths still?

STFU, and quit with that immature "go for another team" dribble. Seriously, why bother with it? What value to your life to you get from it?

Jesus.

Darren's a hard core Manly fan. It takes full blown rednecks of the highest order for fans to say these types of statements in debates.

"Hey Ryan, you used to be a Bears fan - nah, nah, nah, nah, naaah."

FMD, we are supposed to be better than that. I also notice Darren never degrades himself to get involved with the dribble most push at him.

On topic: Brett Stewart is one of the most important pieces in this team of ours. People should remember what we were like when he wasn't involved (injured).

If he wants a contract, I don't care how much it is, give it to him.

Darren said:
At 500 grand for next season, I bet Brett was having an almighty laugh as well about him leaving us or someone who would pay half a mill with his injuries!

This is his final year of a probably back ended contract, you will probably find when negotiations commence for his next deal and unless the salary cap is substantially increased,the starting point should be around $400,000 for the first year.

Darren said:

Check out the 08 and 11 highlights DVD and tell me he's not worth it. You don't recruit players out of the best 10% of the code based on 'value for money' due to injuries; you pay them well because they are the difference between losing 5-6 close games a year, and winning them.

JT's missed a few games in his time, but would any club blink over them if he landed on the open market?

I taught at his primary school and he's a Gong boy so no, I'm a big fan of Brett. Just can't see him leaving on 500k. If he breaks down then we can say goodbye to back to back. A fit Brett Stewart is definitely what we need.
I'll go on record again though, I have been a supporter since 13 so that makes nearly 30 years. As a teenager would spend 3.5 hours one way getting a train from the Gong, bus or ferry and another bus and turn around and come back home by 8.30pm. My heterosexual mate Jase goes for South Sydney lol!!

Clubs would definitely take account of his injuries if thinking of buying him, if they didn't they would be foolish. IMO, if on the market now brett's injuries would bring down his price, if he was to get through 2012 with nothing major then it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Dsm agree re player but I am not sure of his value / marketability post court case (which is wrong but how it is)

Worth every penny. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but the guys a superstar. And is still marketable. Kids still love him and opposition fans rate him highly.

Manly's season in '07 finished when Brett was knocked silly by the cheaters in the GF. He won GFs in '08 & '11 and Manly's season crashed without him in '09 & '10.

He's not the only cause of success, but he's a damned important one.

Watched the 1st half of the gf on DVD, without the nerves of watching it live. Brett is worth every cent. He was a real standout.

With regards to his knees. It would definitely be a concern for a club, or at least should be, however, don't under estimate the greed of opposition clubs when they think he might be the missing the missing piece of a premiership.

Darren said:
I taught at his primary school and he's a Gong boy so no, I'm a big fan of Brett. Just can't see him leaving on 500k. If he breaks down then we can say goodbye to back to back. A fit Brett Stewart is definitely what we need.

If he leaves, we can do the same. Would you rather the risk he leaves, has an injury-free season and wins a comp for someone else, or take the risk he stays fit and wins another one (or two) for us.

If you think cutting him away 'cause he demands decent coin is a good idea, I'm glad you're nowhere near our club recruitment team.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4