1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stevie

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by wombatgc, Aug 21, 2011.

1. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 42
    ...the worlds best salesman..c'mon you can't sit there and say you along with Bobcat Ryan and the other dogs defenders weren't waiting for the ref to blow the offside penalty?!!:D...he sold it to everyone..and we all bought it...it was bizarre, but bloody brilliant. :D

2. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    i was watching at a club with no volume- it made for weird viewing

3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    Irdis jumped up from behind and made contact with his head just before he scored. no penalty, i suppose the try was enough. I hope Stevie doesnt have a tripping charge.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    you know the refs are bad when even the other team thinks its a penalty against them

5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    The refs did the Dogs a favour - they were offside... and Stevie took advantage. Brilliant.

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Brett got hit with a head high and no penalty, the parameters must have changed.

But that was one of the weirdest tries, he sold it so well and everyone dropped off, i can only think the ref didn't call anything and sat there with a blank face, because I was thinking if they let go they have already impeded him and it should therefore be a penalty

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    It was still a huge effort to plough through the last ten metres and get the ball down. I just couldn't stop laughing. Well done Steve.

8. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Just watched it again before, he actually beat 8 guys to score that try

They had Brad Walter on the radio this morning, and apparently the Dogs were claiming they stopped coz somebody was yelling offside (think they were blaming Matai for that lol)

On a side note, I have really enjoyed watching lately the oppositions fullbacks bringing the ball back, drifting across field and catching a glimpse of Matai then stepping away into the defensive line haha

9. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Yes Matai was just brilliant yesterday but thats a really funny one KE! :D

Bobcat Ryan was on ABC later and sounded dejected that they'd been sold a suuuuper dummy: hook line and sinker

10. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I think if that was any player other than Matai then Manly would have received a penalty for offside. But because it was Matai (who the referees don't like and therefor are reluctant to award him a penalty) they decided to play on and it backfired against them when he kept on running and ended up scoring a great try.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    His best all year. Bring on the Slaterbug. Matai will smash him into next week.

• Like Like x 1