1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Turner

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by conanu, Sep 6, 2012.

1. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,841 / 31
    Did anyone else notice how much Steve Turner sounded like a dick when he was talking. Obviously looking for a career in commentating after footy, Greenburg probably promised him a gig in media if he re-signed.
    [hr]
    Massive try hard. Played for the two clubs i hate the most.

2. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Wow it is so boring listening to any dogs player talk.

"They are deserving favourites"

"We are backing our halves"

"Des has brought alot of attention to detail and a strong work ethic"

These guys tow the party line better than most politicians.

3. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,253 / 32
    He tried far too hard, also looked as though he was attempting to model his delivery style on the AFL players who guest on the Melbourne Footy Show. Stumbled a few times as well, overall 2 out of 10.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    He was reading stuff that was written down for him, so Des is having a massive influence in what is getting out there. I feel the difference though is that the Bulldogs won't be able to handle the intensity that will come from a game like this.

In saying that, the smart thing with this game is to not use everything you have just in case you lose. Leave it all until the Preliminary Final and Grand Final. It's not worth beating each other to a pulp in the first week and allowing the Cowboys and Storm to get a leg up.

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Not as much of a dick as Crusher was on The Game Plan. His snide quote from Des,of the Brookie Dogs game - It's us playing us:mad:

The continued denegation of Tooves,in implying that he has nothing new in tactics, is insulting to our Coach:mad:

Win it for 2V:angel:

6. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,409 / 130
    I have held this back for years and its not really relevent, but as a player Crusher was lazy dog. Heaps of potential but his lack of "rolling the sleeves up and having a dig" was embarrassing at times.

Theres a current player that reminds me of him, I just cant think who it is at the moment. It will come to me.

7. dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    The lack of respect and the ovious cloning of Manly's structure can, and will be addressed tonight .

At the end of the day a coach is only as good as his players , and the bond they share .

In Toovs we trust ....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    What about Turner saying we have all played in big games other than you Slats.

Ashes Tests & Wordl Cup finals are pretty big games in my book.

9. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Haha yeah I laughed at that too. What a dunce.

10. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
    umm, Choc?

11. YOD

YOD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would have thought you'd have more to worry about than how Steve Turner speaks..anyway good luck tonight. You will most definitely need things to go your way to win.

12. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,841 / 31
    And yet more words of wisdom from a Dogs fan on a Manly site. Are you sure you guys dont want to buy this site off Dan too and call it the wagillytails. Does anything ever actually start or come from your club or is it all bought from elsewhere.

13. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    I would have thought you'd have more important things to worry about than trolling through a Manly forum taking offence at Manly fans observations about your below average winger? Like whether to gamble red or black on your next pokie slap.