Steve Turner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Is apparently being shopped around by the Drizzle to relieve their salary cap problems.

I find it highly amusing and so do the Titans apparently.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...561044084.html

THEY were prepared to go to court to stop him leaving, but now it appears NSW winger Steve Turner's days in Melbourne are numbered.
Turner, who famously agreed to join the Gold Coast for the 2007 season before turning his back on the Titans and signing a new deal with Melbourne, is believed to have been shopped around to other NRL clubs as Melbourne battle salary-cap issues.
Turner is off contract at the end of 2009 but has even been offered to at least one club for next season, much to the mirth of Titans boss Michael Searle.
"It's a surprising development," said Searle, who admitted he had heard the rumours about Turner. "But it's not for us to comment on the Storm's affairs. I think it's probably one of those salary-cap pressures."
Asked if the Titans, who eventually agreed to a swap with Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac, would now have any interest in Turner - who made his State of Origin debut this year - Searle said bluntly: "The door's firmly closed here. That would be a very interesting sales pitch."
The Bulldogs are understood to have been offered Turner for next season and, while that approach was knocked back, the club would still consider him again for 2010, depending on how fullback Luke Patten returns from his back injury and the form of the precocious Ben Barba.
Melbourne have been stung by back-ended contracts and representative bonuses, and are also believed to be attempting to offload centre Will Chambers, among others.
The Storm are facing a battle to keep captain Cam Smith, who, coincidentally, has been targeted by the Titans, and will no doubt be attempting to ensure they have enough funds available to be in a position to secure him, even though his closeness to his coach Craig Bellamy will count significantly. The club also has representative second-rower Ryan Hoffman off contract at the end of next season.
Souths chief executive Shane Richardson, who pursued Turner relentlessly before he initially signed with Melbourne, said the club would not be in a position to make the 24-year-old an offer.

For the Storm to be in such trouble with the salary cap is an indication of how poorly this club is presently being managed.

Waldron has a lot to answer for in the manner in which they lost the Grand Final, his pig headiness in his attitude to the required apology took away the focus for Bellamy.

SilentBob link said:
Will Chambers would be a good pick up for someone.
  I think the Storm have gone hmmmmmm Chambers or Turner.  Who would we rather?

Agree with Corso Pete's sentiments, particularly as they have also lost the best up and coming back in the game (Folou)

When you take into account the number of players who have left the Storm at the end of the 08 season and the fact that they have sign almost nobody but juniors, you have to say they are in a great deal of trouble if they are trying to unload their nuffy wingers to relieve some pressure.

They put all their eggs in the Smith, Slater, Inglis and Cronk basket and are now farked. Not even those 4 will win you games alone. Almost their entire forward pack has walked out on them along with Folau and Geyer, and they are still strapped for cash. I'd hate to be the guy who is responsible for the cash when they find they don't have any left to work with.

Who need to releave pressure when you've lost the following:

Israel Folau (Broncos)
Sam Tagataese (Titans)
Matt Geyer (Retired),
Michael Crocker (Hull FC)
Jeremy Smith (Dragons)
Antonio Kaufusi (Cowboys)
Russell Aitken (released)
Ryan James (Titans)

He'd look ok in a bunnies jersey or something. They seem to end up with others left overs.

After Turner's games in SOO and the GF I am suprised anyone would be interested in him

Talking to folks up the Gold Coast on the weekend and the Cam Smith offer is serious and may actually happen. Lmao@Squall. They will need the cash to pay for all the future fines that Waldron and Bellyache will have to pay.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4