1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Southern

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I see he can't find a club and is talking about going to the mines.  He's the sort of fellow we seem to have a good record of rehabilitating into a good contributor, a la Hall, Rodney, Lestrange etc.  Would add starch and work rate to our pack?

2. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    He's one of those tradesman type backrowers you need to win a premiership. Would be good, but injury prone. Would be great off the bench.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    rodney had bad injuries aswell before coming to us and we turned him around .
    we need a half more then anything ,someone that can lead the team around for 80 minutes not 10 then dissapear for the rest of the game  ....

4. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,405 / 130
    Steve Southern would be a great addition to any team, he gives 100% every time.

I would sign him without a second thought.

5. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I thought he was getting an ESL contract. I have always had a lot of time for this bloke. Plagued with leg injuries but boy he has some ticker. A huge yes from me if he is available.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Gives his all, but unless we can turn him into a prop I can't see the point in signing him.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No he has had 3 shoulder reconstructions in reent years and his shoulders are gone so he is no longer able to play NRL standard.

He has retired. 

8. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Not according to the Sunday Mail Tookey.  He's after a contract and doesn't really want to go to the mines, yet.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A mate works with his father and he told him that his shoulders are shot.  Doubtful that he would last another season hence why the cowgirls let him go.

10. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    No good now that we have renamed the stand the Fulton-menzies stand.

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,468 / 74
    nice

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    his family is from Dapto so I guess he will be heading back this way, may get a call from the goons if they get desperate

13. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    If the shoulders aren't shot, give him a contract. Always a very underrated player and injury has prevented him from showing his true wares. If he's motivated enough and his body is up to the task, why not?