Steve O'Keefe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On behalf of the other sides in world cricket, I think David Hussey would be a great option in test cricket and it should be explored

Just because someone is mediocre at both batting and bowling does not make them an allrounder. 

D Hussey will never play test cricket. 

XX Deleted link said:
give me o'keefe over smith any day of the week!

I'd have them both in the team.

Okeefe for Doherty & Smith for North.

P Hughes (appear to be back in form) in for Katich who now has an injured achilles and bring back Brad Hodge (arguably the best bat in Aust at the moment) for Clarke who is carrying back injury and is out of touch.

Harris, Siddle & Doug the Rug just need a decent wicket and O'Keefe & Smith would add to bowling attack big time.

Schooner link said:
[quote author=XX Deleted link=topic=185773.msg306627#msg306627 date=1290078418]

P Hughes (appear to be back in form) in for Katich who now has an injured achilles and bring back Brad Hodge (arguably the best bat in Aust at the moment) for Clarke who is carrying back injury and is out of touch.

Harris, Siddle & Doug the Rug just need a decent wicket and O'Keefe & Smith would add to bowling attack big time.
[/quote]

I like the idea of O'Keefe and Smith in there. O'Keefe can't even get a start with NSW atm (despite averaging 50 with the bat and 25 with the ball in first class cricket).

Hughes isn't in great form, he got 4 today. That said, he's the only real option to open the batting.

I disagree re:Clarke. He looked great with his 80.

In Fairness the Clarke Comment was a week ago.

Before Yesterday he wasnt batting well.

Smith and Hauritz were the NSW Spinners today, Smith got a few, as did Mozzie Henriques.

interesting times

Smith at 7 Haddin at 6 and 4 quicks I reckon.  I don't think Perth is the place to bring Hughes back in - not good against the bounce. 

Maybe North can go back to being an opener? Certainly crap against spin so moving him up the order might be an option. 

OKeeffe is a one day player, not for tests.  Best spinner in the country IMO is Krezja. 

Schooner link said:
[quote author=XX Deleted link=topic=185773.msg306627#msg306627 date=1290078418]

[/quote]

Hasn't Hodge retired from all but odi and 20/20?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291723783[/time]

Watson
Hussey
Clarke
Koala?
Ponting
Haddin
Johnson
Harris
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

Smith.

Smith to interchange with one of the quicks after Perth.

Phil jaques is one other opener that could be called back.

Had a bad run of injuries the last fwe years but has been there before and can do the job.

In perth the tall guys do the best naturally with the extra bounce so Mckay could be on the cards there.

Hughes
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Henriques
Haddin
Smith
Harris
Piddle
McKay

The Gronk link said:
Maybe North can go back to being an opener? Certainly crap against spin so moving him up the order might be an option. 

North was never an opener Hussey was.

Henriques....wow. If he could swap his batting and bowling averages around he might be a chance.

I think I would prefer Jacques to Hughes for the vacant opening spot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6