Steve Matai Suffers Broken Foot and Finger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Steve Matai suffers broken foot and finger
Brent Read

Steve Matai is putting his body through a lot as the Sea Eagles push for a unlikely finals’ berth. Picture: Phil Hillyard.

Steve Matai went into last Monday’s game with a broken bone in his foot. He finished the club’s win over the Gold Coast with a broken bone in his hand for good measure.

“It has been throbbing at night, I can’t sleep,” he said of his finger, which he badly dislocated during the victory over the Titans.

“I can't even bend it. Jorge Taufua put it back in. We were just about to drop out and no one was coming out. Jorge goes ‘do you want me to do it’.

“First go, doesn’t do it. It didn’t work. I started screaming. Then he said ‘sorry bro, let me go again’. I had two needles at half-time to numb it up.

“Oh well, got through it anyway. It’s just a finger and you don’t think it’s going to be that bad, but you don’t realise how much you use it until you can’t any more.

“I saw the surgeon and luckily she said I don’t need surgery. But I need to be in a splint for six weeks. So I don’t know how I am going to go playing on the weekend.’’

Matai was already carrying a chipped bone in his foot which required weekly needles to ease the pain.

“I have a little fracture in my foot which the doc found a couple of weeks ago,’’ he said.

“I was complaining that my ankle was sore. He sent me for an X-ray and it said I had a little chip in one of the bones in the foot.

“There’s nothing I can do about it. I get it needled every game. It’s torture afterwards. At the moment he can’t do anything about it. That bone has to heal on its own. Every impact, it is sore. So he needles it for the game to take the edge off it. I just have to get through the year and take a break.”

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/subsc...tory-fnca0von-1227446432149&memtype=anonymous

and Jorge puts his left finger in, he pulls the left finger out. He puts the left foot in, he pulls the left foot out..

Oooooh do the Stevie Matai. Ohhh do the Stevie Matai

Don't worry, Skivvie's always complaining about something. I'm certain he will play.
(But if he doesn't I hope Symonds isn't put to centre, he is just starting to hit his straps after a few games in his proper position.)

If it's his hand though it might make securely carrying and catching the ball difficult. At that point he can't really do much about it until you can tape it up as opposed to playing with a splint.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4