Steve Matai, Kieran Foran want to join exodus from Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Won't someone please think of the children (Next Gen supporters)!! :eek:

My son can read (he's 11) I know smart kid :p

Foran has had 1 foot out the door for ages.
He has been in hot demand & ranked close to the best player in the game enhancing his value beyond limits. I rate Foran greatly, but see him more as a gutsy leader who has just good skills but a massive heart & is a born footballer but regardless what he brings to the field, his adverse effect on the team is now the bigger issue.
Matai wants out, fantastic contribution to Manly, have met him personally a great bloke but...good luck till you play Manly & thanks for the memories.
DCE will stay & the biggest threat to him leaving is to the Broncos, not Cronulla.
For my 10 cents worth I say you are all here 2015 so put in, off you go in 2016.
Then I rip into the NRL about poaching players, I mean how can it be more blatent, all under contract & trying to get them to get early releases???? WTF are these blind fools waiting for...the clubs involved should be fined, hauled through the coals & made an example of!!
PS - The DCE saga is no different to Inglis , Thurston or any other quality player coming off contract, the media simply finds it more fun to make speculation over Manly players....

I am so over this rubbish. If they want to go then just go. I just can't imagine any players wanting to further their career at Parramatta, but if so just go. If Foran is leaving then why doesn't he just announce it, what is he waiting for? Matai - as much as I love him, make a decision, tell us and move on

All the rubbish is making me lose interest in the upcoming season , fast losing my love of the whole game. I think I will stick to the cricket!

Another NRL season where there is more talk of what players are doing in a years time than there is on the entire upcoming season. Shows just how "in order" and how little power the NRL head office is / has. They need to man up and set (actually enforce) strict rules on contracts, negotiation periods, player managers and seriously look at their marketing, because a well marketed organisation would have the upcoming season the talking point by now. Not who is off contract in 9 months time. With nothing out there, the media feeds on crap fed to them by player managers to fill their column inches.

Total: 116 (members: 13, guests: 81, robots: 22)

Hi Phil? I doubt you'd be brave enough to have a user name... Or are you one of the robots? You'd be Bender.. Always drunk LOL!!

I thought that with the new Penn administration, and Zorba now being 'in charge' of media relations, that such speculative stories by his Telegraph mate would stop. After all, weren't all the leaks from previous seasons blamed on disharmony at Board level? Now we have E-harmony (Eagle Harmony) shouldn't there be love all round, just like the TV ads I've seen?

Wow. Rothfield writes a news article that, well, isn't exactly news at all. I seem to remember this all being reported last year. Rothfield has proved once again that he does not report the "news" but has received the reaction he so craved. The stupid will now continue to purchase the Telegraph and take their "groundhog day" method of reporting as gospel

My God how many times can the world come to a f...ing end. I used to think that Manly supporters were always a better, smarter crowd. Time and time again I am proven wrong on this forum.

Don't you long for the days when a Contract was a contract and a player's word was what happened?

Mind you, I long for the day when the media was not about sales, muckraking, innuendo and the Daily Telegraph being the lowest form of journalism in the world!!!

I think the issue gets down to letting a player go that is still under contract and has some currency. I'm not sure what Steve is on but appears about $300,000 a year. So we have offered him $900,000 for 3 years. If we get generous and allow him to break his contract he can "set himself up for life". I do not buy that.

I don't buy that either. I can't see him being offered anymore than $100k per season more which if he gets an early release from us and goes for an extra $300k over three seasons then how is that a massive difference that "sets up his family for life". Surely it's just his manager stirring the pot and Rothfield doing the same.

So the previous ten years salaries haven't been spent or invested wisely?

I also don't get this new trend of players and fans thinking that just because contracts aren't going to be extended/renewed that everything has gone sour and there's the door.
IF players sign elsewhere for the following season surely most of them are professional enough to play to the best of their ability until that contract ends, aren't they?

Happy to release Mattai to the warriors so that he can be near to his family on the basis that Foran stays

And because it's written in the Telegrapgh, by a known Manly hater, you all believe it why??????
I believe it 100% Matai told us last year that he wants out and Foz is gone. Rothfield is full of **** as is the telegraph but on this occasion he is correct (though nothing new in the article).

Rothfield ? What else is new ? LOL
Matai ? yes we will release him after he honours the last year of his contract
Foran ? he did say he would sort out his future before the nrl season starts .
Manly Sea eagles . Every one hates us but we don't give a FCK . We just keep winning premierships :)

Skivvys frustrated as he's not getting any response from the club .... Sound familiar !
That's crap he did get a response just he and his manager didn't like the response big difference. He wanted the golden handshake and we wisely said no and gave him our best offer and if he is not happy he can leave but don't let him or his manager say he didn't get a response.

It is interesting how there is such a contrast between our retaining and recruitment issues and how they are reported compared to the drizzle who have Slater off contract.

There is no doubt that we have a clique of disgruntled players upset at the treatment of long term players who have left the club.

I think that Joe Kelly has to call the disgruntled player managers bluff on this. Manly need to look after Manly and to HELL with the poachers out there!

Also interesting that the article states that said clubs want him on a three year deal but starting this season...so if they can't get him this season does that mean they won't offer him a two year deal from 2016?
If they think he'll last through 2017, then aren't they better off letting us pay him for one of the seasons?
C'mon Phil, ask these clubs if that's in their plans........what's that? you can't?....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6