Steve Matai Appreciation Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
This fella Steve Matai is quickly up there as one of my all time favorite players, things happen when he is near the ball, last night perfect example, Long runs, breaking tackles great hits what more can this champion do

Berkeley_Eagle said:
This fella Steve Matai is quickly up there as one of my all time favorite players, things happen when he is near the ball, last night perfect example, Long runs, breaking tackles great hits what more can this champion do

Sign me up for a Life Membership - Matai is as Manly as Premierships are :heart:

There is no doubt we have the two best centers in the comp. Matai is making line breaks frequently these days :)

Berkeley_Eagle said:
He also boasts one of the game's best grimaces.

I might be biased, but there is no better centre running around at the moment. This man has single handedly kept Manly or won Manly several games. Thinking last nights game as well as the Bulldogs game last season at Brookie. I recall a few seasons ago, I think it was against Canberra in 08 when Cuthbertson got sent off. He scored 2 tries on his ownwith beautiful steps off both feet.
Killer is a champion centre and an all time Manly great but Matai has been better than him this season. He needs to be kept at all cost.

The man is simply MAGIC- has been since that Sunday arvo at Brookie against the Mexicans in 2005. Favourite current player from a host of champions.

We honestly do have the two best centres in the competition. In attack and defence they're just so dominant.

And like our young halves they're a brilliant mix. Matai is hard running and brutal whilst Lyon has high class skill.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
From twitter BREAKING: Steve Matai to re-sign with the mighty @manlyseaeagles within the next 36 hours!
moley is also say brett will stay

Love watching the bloke play, has come along way for the merciless baggings he would get early in his career !

Close to my fave of all time too. Right up there with Cliffy, Tooves, Beaver and The Stewarts in my book.

Trying to make an all time Manly team of kiwis

1. Matthew Ridge
2. Kevin Iro
3. Steve Matai
4. Craig Innes
5. Darrell Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Gene Ngamu
8. Adrian Shelford
9. Liam Foran
10. Mark Broadhurst
11. Tony Iro
12. Joe Gulavao
13. Jack Afamasaga

14. Jared Wareara-Hargreaves
15. Kylie Leuluai
16. David Vaealiki
17. Joe Ropati

Coach. Graham Lowe

16. Kevin Iro
17. Billy Weepu

CEO. Graham Lowe

Board Member / Employee. Darrell Williams

Question: has Liam said he's a kiwi? Both brothers were junior Australian reps. Kieran has obviously made his choice, but has Liam?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Love watching the bloke play, has come along way for the merciless baggings he would get early in his career !

Remember when everyone wanted Ashley Alberts over him? Was laughable. Anyone who didnt see Matai's potential is blind.

Ashely Alberts !! A blast from the past

Was a Matai fan from the moment Ben Cross dropped his knees into Terry Hill's back and Matai belted the crap out of him

Kiwi Eagle said:
Ashely Alberts !! A blast from the past

Was a Matai fan from the moment Ben Cross dropped his knees into Terry Hill's back and Matai belted the crap out of him

Yep. I was also a matai fan. I vaguely remember you being one of the only ones to agree that he was the better player. What was his debut game? 2005?

Yes. Rd 3 v Storm 05.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7