Steve Gigg - confused.com

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
From the DT
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sack-des-hasler-now-say-canterbury-bulldogs/story-e6frexnr-1226161909821
"The Manly coach will take his entire support staff, including Noel Cleal and football operations manager Steve Gigg, to Belmore, leaving the Sea Eagles in dire straits"

But from yesterdays SMH
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/replacement-watmough-relishes-chance-to-line-up-with-vatuvei-20120130-1qppx.html
"WHEN Manly football manager Steve Gigg's name flashed up on Anthony Watmough's phone on Sunday afternoon, he immediately assumed the worst.
''What have I done now?'' Watmough thought to himself."

So it seems as though contrary to News Ltd's reporting on Des' defection that Steve Gigg has not left Manly to follow Des, Crusher and the mytwitface girl, to Belmore.
I wonder who else decided to hang around once the storm blew over?

Just to clarify, Steve was at no stage leaving to go to the Bulldogs. The DT must have incorrectly reported back in October.

Larissa said:
Just to clarify, Steve was at no stage leaving to go to the Bulldogs. The DT must have incorrectly reported back in October.

I think the term is "made it up"!

Larissa said:

Thanks for clarifying Larissa.
No doubt the DT got it very wrong but I also can't help wondering if someone within the 'inner sanctum' of the club, exaggerated the staff losses in order to work the fans in to a frenzy, for their own personal gain?

And why didn't the club make statements to the contrary.

Thanks for clearing it up larissa but I would hope the club was more proactive in dispelling rumours.

Agree Byso. The club should jump straight on false info put forward by the media, if only for the sanity of the fans. Nothing calms a stirred pot quicker than the truth.

byso said:
And why didn't the club make statements to the contrary.

Thanks for clearing it up larissa but I would hope the club was more proactive in dispelling rumours.

I have to agree with you byso, if the club kept the fans well informed we wouldnt be sitting here having panic attacks about whoever is or is not leaving, sometimes I think we get taken for granted.

This is not directed at you Larissa, you are the only one that does look after us.

Not just for us but for potential and existing sponsors.

Also can give the CEO or whoever an oportunity to project a professional & assertive image for the club.

I'm having a beer with Giggy in Leeds so can 100% assure you, he's still around.

He's been my "go to man" for all things WCC, so thanks to Giggy been a big help!!

Mark

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7