Sterlo's 9's predictions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/2/sterlos-nrl-auckland-nines-predictions/

So Sterlo reckons Manly are not taking the 9's seriously. I thought we named a pretty good side!

Brenton Lawrence, Foran and Choc would have been in the squad if we were really serious. They may be injured.
Perhaps you could describe our squad as semi-serious.

Brenton Lawrence is getting ready to play a season worth of 60-80 minute games plus probably origin. Choc played busted all year last year and deserves to save him self for the season and Foran was carrying niggles too.

Stevo said:
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/2/sterlos-nrl-auckland-nines-predictions/

So Sterlo reckons Manly are not taking the 9's seriously. I thought we named a pretty good side!

Sterlo is a f@*wit - his passive aggressive Manly Bashing is as boring as his mumbling deliveries :mad:

The Who said:
Brenton Lawrence, Foran and Choc would have been in the squad if we were really serious. They may be injured.

I am not much of a fan of Sterlo, but I agree with him, by the team Manly picked they won't win, I though Manly would want to try hard to win and grab the cash as they need it. Terrible Team ! Except for Wolfman, Evans, Taufua and Symonds. They need fast, fit players.

BJ has been having back spasms.
Choc needs a rest plus had injections in his bad foot. Foz too, plus his first child has just been born :angel:

I think Manly can win it - we have speed and tactics and only one Referee to deal with :)

mickqld said:
Sterlo is only 1 rung higher than Matt Johns on the prediction credibility ladder, and Snoz Daley sits between them.

Despite repeated attempts by Johns to squeeze under him, Rothtool remains firmly ensconced on the bottom rung.

His talent is undeniable.

On topic though, whilst ever Fittler is playing, nothing we could do could be called into question. The Rooters are treating the whole exercise as a joke (which in truth, it is).

The 9s is a nice season opener generating interest nothing more than a chance for crazy supporters to have a bit of fun and a training run for the team eg in racing terms a barrier trial for NRL teams.

Before reading let me guess.

1st. eels
2nd. eels
3rd. eels

Manly have still sent a decent team. I don't mind the young guys taking the field as this is golden experience for what will be our future champions.

Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:

I am not much of a fan of Sterlo, but I agree with him, by the team Manly picked they won't win, I though Manly would want to try hard to win and grab the cash as they need it. Terrible Team ! Except for Wolfman, Evans, Taufua and Symonds. They need fast, fit players.

I reckon you might be a pretty bad judge of a player.

You said Starling was crap and Tooves disagreed.

Now you've bagged the 9's team. I reckon it's a great blend of talented youngens and older heads.

NRL.com's Dominic Brock asks:

Who will win the Auckland Nines?

The squads have been named, the odds are in, and now the question on everyone's mind is just which teams will thrive in the inaugural Dick Smith NRL Auckland Nines? Will the rapid-paced matches with more room to move suit the NRL's quickest backlines, or the hard-running big men who can draw three defenders at a time? Can your club go all the way?

Click here to read the full NRL.com article.

Stevo said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:

Now you've bagged the 9's team. I reckon it's a great blend of talented youngens and older heads.
Yes Stevo but credit where credit's due - his footy judgment may be a bit wonky but he's made great progress with that capitalisation quirk :D

HappilyManly said:
Stevo said:

Sterlo is a f@*wit - his passive aggressive Manly Bashing is as boring as his mumbling deliveries :mad:

Woohoo...fire Up HM!:D

Stevo said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:

The Nines is a fast game for fast, fit players, the players picked are normally suited for your outside backs and not really for your props , unless they have speed and very fit to keep up with the pace, the players Williams, Taufua, Evans, Symonds should be there. The players injured, Matai, Watmough, Lyons, Foran, Should be there plus Lawrence, Brett Stewart and Hiku. I would then pick my next fastest and fit players at the club and that would include some of the players in the 20s. I wouldn't put players in there that were not fit or fast. None of the new players have impressed me at this stage. Jake Trbojevic will be playing a lot of 1sts this season and could be the leading prop there.

I was watching the Auckland Nines game between Manly and Canberra last Saturday when I was having lunch at a club with my family. The club had the football on so I watched Manly play whilst I was eating. I remembered reading on Manly's website the night before about the Auckland Nines team. When Manly scored I noticed the number one on the back of the jersey and noticed it wasn't Brett Stewart who scored- it was someone else wearing his number. I soon realised some of the other usual Manly players like Jamie Lyon etc etc wasn't in the side. Do they use different players as well as a couple of the usual players in the side?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4