Sterlo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sterlo on today's footy show said he has no problem with the strip that lead to the cowboys try. Part of the game and the refs missed it. He is fine with this yet says it's a 50/50 call so that's fine.

Is he serious

Watching the show now, I can see his point on that one, which was more that an on the field call is easier to cop than a guy sitting in the box getting it wrong

Must admit to liking Lockyers input on the snow so far. He, Joey and Freddy always talk with a bit of common sense on these things, and all 3 said no problem at all with the Taufua try

Extra marks for Lockyer saying we will head down there and do Melbourne on Friday as well ;)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Watching the show now, I can see his point on that one, which was more that an on the field call is easier to cop than a guy sitting in the box getting it wrong

Must admit to liking Lockyers input on the snow so far. He, Joey and Freddy always talk with a bit of common sense on these things, and all 3 said no problem at all with the Taufua try

Extra marks for Lockyer saying we will head down there and do Melbourne on Friday as well ;)

Yeah I guess you are right kiwi. I guess no matter what nothing will be perfect. Maybe just get back to on field calls

Yeah good comments by the others. Spot on.

The senior Cowboys players should take a leaf out of Segeyaro's book. I liked what he said in his interview.

The Cowboys will never win anything of note with an attitude like this. They had their opportunities, and weren't good enough. Blaming officials rather than their own short comings won't help them learn and improve for next year.

And in a final act of bastardry, Sterlo says on Nine today "When i (WAS) a Manly fan Russell Gartner was his favorite player." I say Piss off Sterlo and dont ever metion us again you have done enough damage you wanker!

conanu said:
And in a final act of bastardry, Sterlo says on Nine today "When i (WAS) a Manly fan Russell Gartner was his favorite player." I say Piss off Sterlo and dont ever metion us again you have done enough damage you wanker!

His name is spelt Russel. I know, blame his parents!

Do you really expect one of Parramatta's greatest ever players, who won four premierships with them, to say he is still a Manly fan?

Imagine if Graham Eadie who followed Saints as a boy, but won four premierships with Manly, came out and said he was still a St George and not a Manly fan?

Take a chill pill.

And i just saw how sterlo said on footy show this morning "Can Manly stop poaching these young Parramatta players like Jorge Tafua and Tony Williams" There you have it boys i rest my MF'n case!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Phantar if you think Sterlo is still a Manly fan you are dead set off your head and more delusional than me!!

Kiwi Eagle said:

Yeah i can see that point but 2 seconds later he was contradicting that comment by going on about the Jorge Tafua grounding/non grounding. I would have thought he would just say he got away with it good luck to him like he did with Ash graham.

I never said I thought he was still a Manly fan. That was the point I was trying to make with the comparison to Eadie. I thought it was a logical and clear argument, but apparently it was completely lost on you.

Regarding the poaching comment, mate he was joking! He said it with a smile. When one of the others said what are Parramatta doing letting Taufua go, he responded with 'Exactly.' Or words to that effect. Did you miss that part?

You could always change the channel.

Did they ask Maddog to apologise re 1997 again? Seems they all think it is a running joke. Some joke stomping on a player's head in the most watched game of the year. The ARL judiciary obviously felt it was bad enough to suspend him.

Maddog is quite a smart fella. He reckoned that the admission costs, when loaded up with food and drink prices would deter a lot of fans from going in the current economic climate. No one mentioned the elephant in the room though. Why play it on a Friday night at Allianz?

conanu said:
And i just saw how sterlo said on footy show this morning "Can Manly stop poaching these young Parramatta players like Jorge Tafua and Tony Williams" There you have it boys i rest my MF'n case!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Phantar if you think Sterlo is still a Manly fan you are dead set off your head and more delusional than me!!

Kiwi Eagle said:

Yeah i can see that point but 2 seconds later he was contradicting that comment by going on about the Jorge Tafua grounding/non grounding. I would have thought he would just say he got away with it good luck to him like he did with Ash graham.

i noticed they neglected to mention that bowen did the same thing in the 1st half, that mustn't have counted:dodgy:

Sterlo also said (after mentioning the refereeing) that the win on Friday night by Manly was that the best team on the night won the game.

I was proud of my wife. She walked in on the tv footy today and said "That's Snorkella". I said that he is still making as much sense as if he is talking under water. She understood!

Phantar said:
Maddog is quite a smart fella. He reckoned that the admission costs, when loaded up with food and drink prices would deter a lot of fans from going in the current economic climate. No one mentioned the elephant in the room though. Why play it on a Friday night at Allianz?

Because of TV, channel 9 can command a lot more advertising revenue on a Friday night than a Sunday afternoon.
They also wanted to give the teams an as close to a week off as possible, it would have been unfair to have Canberra and Souths play on Friday because of the short turnaround.

Phantar said:
I never said I thought he was still a Manly fan. That was the point I was trying to make with the comparison to Eadie. I thought it was a logical and clear argument, but apparently it was completely lost on you.

Regarding the poaching comment, mate he was joking! He said it with a smile. When one of the others said what are Parramatta doing letting Taufua go, he responded with 'Exactly.' Or words to that effect. Did you miss that part?

You could always change the channel.

Phantar I wasnt going to write this but seeing though you completely edited and changed your post after you wrote it to hammer me i decided to retort.

Your comparison was lost on me because it was stupid. Graham Eadie doesnt make comments about St George players having cases to answer at the judiciary and giving his opinion about BOD tries.

Now if you said that same comparison about Fatty it might have made sense. Fact is if Fatty did the same things to St George that Sterlo does to us and then said he supported St George as a kid, i would think he was a jerk also.

Look i will agree to disagree with you on this one. As i dont think its right for us two Manly fans wasting time argueing about Sterlo the Turd!!

Peter C said:
Phantar said:

Because of TV, channel 9 can command a lot more advertising revenue on a Friday night than a Sunday afternoon.
They also wanted to give the teams an as close to a week off as possible, it would have been unfair to have Canberra and Souths play on Friday because of the short turnaround.

I don't buy this advertising revenue argument, Ch 9 have a 4.00 Sunday game all season and it was apparently a key point in the new TV deal.
During week 2 and 3 of the finals use the Friday night slot for a preview / review show ( like NRL Insight on Fox ), hell most of us will watch footy everyday, it must be popular they just paid $1b for it!

The Friday night at Allianz is a joke, you've pretty much got to rely on public transport in peak hour in the city. Just say it was Penrith or Cronulla playing, no chance. I thought we did well to get 16K as NQ wouldn't have many.

Make the Saturday game at 6.45 after the news ( is Funniest Home Videos that important? ) instead of 7.45. This might help get more bums on seats, especially kiddies and out of towners.
They only got 35k there from the NRL darlings who we keep getting told have the biggest membership and with their first real crack at winning a semi in how long?
The Faders fans generally travel well and there'd be more corporates and members on a Saturday night at ANZ as opposed to Allianz.

Make Sunday 4.00 like, um, all year and lead into the news. As above.

No teams disadvantaged, better for the fans and I just found them an extra night of advertising space.

Match specific ads like the AFL might help too.

As MG once said "It's not rocket surgery!"

conanu said:
I have told you lot before and i will tell you again. If that little snorkle nosed c$&@ s@@@ing little bastard ever walks down the street near me he better run cause i will break his neck.

Once again he has to call the judiciary to action regarding Matai. This little bastard continues to try and influence the judiciary and you lot think he isnt against Manly!! He hates us. Not once but twice tonight he made mention of the Matai incident and said he has history. Shut up you little parasite and mind your own s**t clubs business.

And here i am again 9 months later and that little rectum rider is at it again with Matai. Sterlo the little gimp was the only one that had a problem with Matai's hit on Burgess saying that it made contact with the head and he has history. And fair play to Freddy pointing out that Inglis has found a new Melbourne Storm style way of milking penalties. To which the little bastard said its no way Gregs fault.

Once again Sterlo reverts to form!

Yeah must agree here. He crucified him during the live telecast but this morning on the footy show he says "I defended him because I think his arm came off the ball"

Lies, he is the only one who had an issue with it when it happened.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4