Steam Roller!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
My view on Addison Demetriou is that this kid is going to be a genuine superstar but what position will he play? Lock? Second row? Prop? Centre?

IMO he will start a prop and turn into our full-time lock or second rower for the future. But I reckon he will play a lot at centre possibly a season or 2. A number of people believe he isn't up to FG standard based on the grand final. That is an utter myth! His form leading up to that game was the best in the NYC. He obviously got hit hard by nervousness during that game. He didn't have that bad of a game IMO he still managed 150 meters and 8 tackles. The bad part is he missed way to May tackles in fact 8, majority of them from a centre by the name of Jennings. Jennings blinding pace way to much for addison. Moving him into the forwards is where he belongs and he has stated that lock is his most favoured position. But he is still a gun centre based on his overall stats not just from one game. http://www.nrl.com/stats/holdencup/...id/105/playerid/6915/seasonid/43/default.aspx

Addison is a steam roller and I think he will be steam rolling them from the back row

Hes not ready right now. But if he has the desire and keeps workin on his fitness and strengh ,im sure he will be the steamroller! .definitly as a foward not center.

Click Bait.

I thought this was going to be a thread on steam rollers.

Unimpressed.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I think he will end up in the forwards. He certainly knows how to make yards and his runs are inspiring to watch. We have a good one in this kid. He needs to improve his fitness a bit but the potential is massive for this kid.

The fist time I saw Addison play was in Rnd 1 or 2 in in the under 20's this year playing in the forwards and he destroyed them.

His future is in the forwards BUT the only way he will make it in 1st grade is if he makes a massive improvement in his fitness.

IF that happens he could be anything I'm very excited about his potential BUT like everyone we have our doubts wether he is willing to put in the big yards to make in the 1st Grade !!

Highly unlikely he'll be a centre in the NRL. Might make it as a forward if he keeps working hard. Genuine superstar is a big call though.

Right now he could be anything or nothing. First he has to get fit. Much fitter. Because no way he could handle the quick pace of NRL with his lack of endurance this year. Reserve Graders who play up all say how much faster A grade is. At NSW cup pace and not the best fitness centre suits. But if he gets fit and is a NRL quality athlete i see Lock as his spot.

Let's remember plenty of kids with potential never make it. He has that X factor u can't coach. But in the bigger scheme of things he needs to work his but off or fall into the NRL abyss.

His attacking instincts are great, and he is strong and surprisingly quick in a straight line. Jennings made him look bad in defense in the centers in the GF. Not ready for 1sts but has potential.

A ton of missed tackles throughout the season, 77 in fact! Add to that 24 errors.. gotta cut both of these down if he's to play in 1st grade.
Exactly. I watched quite a few of his games this year and his issue is defence. He doesn't get his body in front of the attacking player and arm grabs alot - that's when he get's into trouble. Partly a technique issue and partly fitness. That can be fixed, if it is, then we have a special player on our hands and one that is suited to the backrow as an edge runner IMO.

http://www.nrl.com/stats/holdencup/...id/105/playerid/6915/seasonid/43/default.aspx

Looking at the stats, seems like something clicked in RD 16 against the Bunnies.

A ton of missed tackles throughout the season, 77 in fact! Add to that 24 errors.. gotta cut both of these down if he's to play in 1st grade.
Under 20s isn't really amazing when it comes to defence, I'm pretty sure you will be lucky to find a player who has missed under 50 tackles. Obviously he missed tackles but he was a prop in the centres remember.

Would have to play in the middle if he was to debut anytime soon due to his struggles with lateral movement in defence. I'm not sure he would have the fitness though for lock with limited interchange. I think he will need to spend a couple of years in cup to prepare. The only one I see debuting from NYC from last year is knight.

Last edited:
Would have to play in the middle if he was to debut anytime soon due to his struggles with lateral movement in defence. I'm not sur he would have the fitness though for lunch lock with limited interchange. I think he will need to spend a couple of years in cup to prepare. The only one I see debuting from NYC from last year is knight.
See him as a Sam Moa type of player.

Demitriou needs to prove himself against men who hit hard & improve his defence...he is no doubt a powerful unit, but cant see him in the 2016 NRL.....potential is good as a future impact, but a few flaws to be ironed out in NSW cup this season.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6