Stats from Saturday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
From NRL.com

Some interesting ones that reveal something about the game:

Manly Storm
Completions 31 23
Runs 184 164
Metres 1303 1454
Line Breaks 2 6
Tackles 307 375
Missed tackles 38 31
Offloads 6 13
Kicks 25 16
Errors 6 13

Melbourne made more metres with less ball - obviously partly due to some long line-breaks that didn't end up in points. However it would seem that less errors, more completions and more kicking meant that field position had a lot to do with our win.

Add the short kicking game and we converted our territorial advantage into points, something we have not been as good at in the past.

Looking at individual stats, Bryant and Watmough had big games in both attack and defence, Burns tackled his butt off and most of the forwards put in though the missed tackle count was pretty ordinary, considering the possession advantage we had.

Still more work to be done, though the thing I am pleased about is the defence on our own line and the manner in which we are able to diffuse opposition kicks (Hicks' heart attack moment aside.)

I guess it also shows how valuable it is to have a quality playmaker like The Ox in the side.

I must say Joe Willaims had a less than happy game yesterday for the Bunnies despite scoring a late try

Orford, Monas and Burns did a great job kicking for territorial advantage and that won the game along with some very convincing goal line defence.
The Storm looked a lot better on the TV replay in the way they made their busts and periods of solid defence in the middle but at the game itself we looked like we had good control and won comfortably. The stats show that Storm did do a lot of good work but didn't turn it into points.

[quote author=byso]
I guess it also shows how valuable it is to have a quality playmaker like The Ox in the side.

So he is better than Messiahan then, is he?

[/quote]

Sure is. Never said he wasn't.

Joe Williams wasn't the only player to look very ordinary when surrounded by mediocrity yesterday.

How poor were the following rep players?

Galuvao
Hegarty

so mata is the pin out of monas yet

I own up i was hailing the great man at suncorp he was the only one who looked like putting something on for us.

Face we were wrong and hes a very important part of our premiership chances.

On the other hand Harrison looked a lot better player last year then he does on a roosters jumper. Cusack is a stand out for souths without him they would get beaten by 40 each week.

Sutton is also suffering 2nd year syndrome

watch souths get a lot of fringe para players like we did in 2004.
alot of people in media have raps on turnstyles taylor as a coach if he impresses the players some will follow

Joe Williams is totally ordinary, would be in premier league if he wasn't playing for souths. Thanks to someone out there we didn't sign him after one good game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4