State Of Origin teams discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You know **** too Shane. You can pick where you want to play. But common sense says if he's born and grew up in Qld he'd want to play in Qld. He's no ****en Inglis!

The Eagle said:
Jethro said:
eagles2win said:
DCE is a QLder!!!

Correct. He's a Redcliffe junior

Junior status means s**t,if you knew the rules its where you played your 1st senior game

Well tell that to Matt Rogers then. He was born in Caringbah, New South Wales and played his first senior game with Cronulla but played for QLD so that cancels out what you've just stated Shane.
mad0248.gif

http://www.nrl.com/tabid/10874/newsId/60969/Default.aspx

Looks like no Manly players involved according the press reports this morning - excellent news. Hope a truckload of Bronco and Dragons players get chosen

Jethro said:
The Eagle said:
Jethro said:
eagles2win said:
DCE is a QLder!!!

Correct. He's a Redcliffe junior

Junior status means s**t,if you knew the rules its where you played your 1st senior game

Well tell that to Matt Rogers then. He was born in Caringbah, New South Wales and played his first senior game with Cronulla but played for QLD so that cancels out what you've just stated Shane.
mad0248.gif

Actually he father Steve was the direct opposite born/bred in Qld yet playeds for NSW in Origin

what the telecrap thinks

Possible Blues: 1. Josh Dugan, 2. Akuila Uate, 3. Mark Gasnier, 4. Jamal Idris, 5. Brett Morris, 6. Jamie Soward, 7. Mitch Pearce, 8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, 9. Michael Ennis, 10. Kade Snowden, 11. Beau Scott, 12. Ben Creagh, 13. Paul Gallen (C). Bench: 14. Dean Young, 15. Luke Lewis, 16. Greg Bird, 17. Keith Galloway, 18. Trent Merrin, 19. Chris Houston, Coach Ricky Stuart.
Possible Maroons: 1. Billy Slater, 2. Darius Boyd, 3. Greg Inglis, 4. Willie Tonga, 5. Jharal Yow Yeh, 6. Darren Lockyer (C), 7. Johnathan Thurston, 8. Matt Scott, 9. Cameron Smith, 10. Petero Civoniceva, 11. Sam Thaiday, 12. Nate Myles, 13. Ashley Harrison. Bench: 14. Cooper Cronk, 15. Ben Hannant, 16. Corey Parker, 17. Jacob Lillyman, 18, Dallas Johnson, Coach mal Maninga

It's slim pickings for NSW with all the injuries at the moment. I have no idea what the side will be. I'm guessing the following players will be definitely picked, but after that who knows

Gallen, Gasnier, Idris, Lewis, Creagh, Snowden, B Morris, Bird, Weyman.

Can't see any Manly players making the cut. King may have been a chance before rib injury, and Choc is probably the most likely candidate depending on whether Ricky is a fan or not.

After last night I'd have Luke lewis straight into the team at lock or even 5/8th. Sensational performance after being out for long time with injuries. He is a class player. Needs to be in Maroon and white.

hayne will be at 1.lewis will definitely be in.

choc a very slight chance,as is gift on the monkey.king no hope at all.

dugan has great talent but is getting a reputation as a sook.he is no chance for origin after last night and if all were fit he would be 3rd choice behind hayne and gordon.

TK on the roast said his source has Dugan in the side and king starting in the front row

For mine the most overlooked guy is Glenn Stewart , been in top form this season and offers something different and could be dangerous with gasnier

agree re stewart,nsw needs points and gift can help.gallen,bird and creagh are simply runners with no real creativity.in fact gallen is a prop in all but the number on his back(a good one at that).

king is out of our side on Monday so that would seem unlikely but who knows i suppose.

Slater
Yow Yeh
Inglis?
Tonga
Boyd
Lockyer
Thurston
Civoniceva
Smith
Scott
Thaiday
Johnson
Parker

Cronk
Taylor
Myles
Hannant

manlyfan76 said:
A bit left field but I would play Soward at hooker, can kick and cover 5/8 and play 80 aswell as GF experience.
Not confident in Carney in big games but they have already picked Pearce so we gunna get Carney ( if no more DUI). Idris and Hayne for sure. Morris on one wing maybe Uate on the other. King maybe the bench prop and watmough in the mix but not Definateley. Gallen and Bird will be there just like Gidley. So Leyroyd Lars and Snowden for props Then throw in another centre (Jamie would be an outsider) and a couple of forwards and its kick off.

Please play Soward at hooker!

NRL.com will provide live coverage this Sunday afternoon (May 15) of the announcement of the NSW VB Blues team for game one of the 2011 Harvey Norman State of Origin Series, to be played on Wednesday, May 25 in Brisbane.

The live stream will begin from 4.50pm ahead of the announcement, which is expected to be made at 5pm by NSW Rugby League chairman John Chalk.

Click here to watch NRL.com's live coverage from 4.50pm.

NSW Blues - Dugan, Morris, Jennings, Gasnier, Uate, Soward, Pearce, King, Ennis, Snowden, Scott, Bird, Gallen, Creagh, Merrin, Mannah, Young

Jason King named in front row for SoO1

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8