State Of Origin teams discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
I can't see how Lyon will make the squad.  Someone should enlighten me.

Would have to agree. Unless his next 6 weeks are amazing he wont be in contention.

1.Hayne
2.Morris
3.Jennings
4.Idris
5.Gordon
6.Carney
7.Pearce
8.Bailey
9.Ennis
10. Douglas
11.Gallen
12.Lewis
13. Anasta

14.Gidley
15. Snowden
16. Watmough
17.Bird

Yeah i know I will get shot for putting in Anasta at 13, but I have actually been impressed with his game and on top of that i twould mean a combination with 6,7 & 13

Gidley always gets selected by the seectors, as said previously they love him.

Lyon wont  unless he picks up his form

Pearce isn't a certainty for halfback. Mullen has been playing very well, as has another bloke we used to know who now plays for the Dogs.

Jennings has to find some form as well, he's done little so far.

Tele crap this morning says Dugan has a mystery leg injury and could be out for a month. Would rule him out

Stuart lurves Bird, Gallen and Pierce and Hayne.  Put in a couple of Cronulla front rowers and the rest pick themselves.  No players from Manly will make the squad.   

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301952669[/time]

Oh yeah.  Stuart is such a crap coach that Qld are specials.

can't believe what I just read below on twitter

TripleM_NRL Blues coach Ricky Stuirt: I'll be happy ief we win one game this year (on @OneHD) #NRL

Yeah...going to be hard to force myself to watch SoO this year.

Could handle losing if the team was just being outclassed but to lose thanks to incompetent coaching & admin is beyond frustrating.

Nathan merritt should get a spot on the wing somewhere. He was brilliant against us on Friday night.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Idris
4. Gasnier
5. Merritt
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Galloway
11. Gallen
12. Watmough
13. Bird
14. Gidley
15. Bailey
16. Learoyd Lahrs
17. Mannah

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
can't believe what I just read below on twitter

TripleM_NRL Blues coach Ricky Stuirt: I'll be happy ief we win one game this year (on @OneHD) #NRL

Yeah but you have to put it into context with the rest of what he was saying. He is not selecting a team to win this years series, although he would like to win it, but he is buidling a team that will be a force in years to come.  I don't like him as a coach but I think he is on the right track. He wants to get away from the chop and changing of every game that we have seen over the past years. Hopefully we will have a model similar to q'land. 

I'm not quite understanding all the love for Pearce and Carney based on this years form.

1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. Idris
4. J Morris
5. Gordon
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Galloway
11. Watmough
12. Lewis
13. Gallen (c)

14. Bird
15. Douglas
16. Learoyd-Lars
17. White

Provided Josh Morris recovers OK he's straight in. Some blokes I'd be giving the 'get ready we may need you' to are:

B Stewart
G Stewart
Hindmarsh
Mullen
Lyon
Uate
Snowden
Grant

Great, Stuart doesn't mind losing but wants to build a team for the future.  I'm sure Meninga will be picking the same team in ten years time as well.  How many series will NSW be content to lose with this idiot as coach.   

I rate Bellamy way above Stuart as a coach but what did he do for NSW? It wouldn't matter who you put in their as coach they couldn't do any worse. But look at Q'lands roster, they have arguably the best players in the world in every key position and they  have been playing together for a while and will continue to play together.

I believe the only way we are going to challenge them is if we go down the same path. We need to build a team and stick to it and if you think they are going to be world beaters straight out of the box your not being very realistic.

I just hope Stuart doesn't have the same love for Gidley as Bellamy did. It was very interesting to hear Gallen speak of Gidly last night. He supported him and said that every one wanted to play for him because of his passion but he was all over the place and even Gidley himself didn't know what he was going to do.

I think the side is pretty much picked. Aside from injury, theres prtobably 3 or 4 spots up for grabs...

Hayne
Morris
Idris
Jennings/Lyon/Gasnier/J Morris
Gordon
Carney
Pearce
Weyman/Tolman/Douglas/King
Ennis
Snowden
Lewis
Watmough
Gallen (c)

Farah/Gidley
Learoyd-Lars
T Mannah
Bird/Heighington

They'll be pretty loyal to the side that won a game last year. It was signalled as a team of change and a team of the future. I don't think there's a player over 30 in there...

manlyborn link said:
I'm not quite understanding all the love for Pearce and Carney based on this years form.

No other realistic options.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=187299.msg330660#msg330660 date=1301960914]

[/quote]

Pearce/Mullen
Mullen/Carney
Wallace/Mullen or Carney
Peace/Soward

Will that do?

It'll be said that carney's a big game player, and pearce is being groomed for it, and was last year. Carney's club relation will put him over the line, although soward is another good option and 5/8. Mullen would be the second choice half and Wallace has been missing since moving to Brisbane and playing 2nd fiddle to Lockyer. Barring injury or jail time for Carney, it'll be Carney and Pearce all the way.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301975329[/time]

Lewis is out for 6 weeks, replace him with either Bird/lafranchi/G Stewart (if form picks up), in order of preference.

That side picks itself.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=187299.msg330735#msg330735 date=1301974656]
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=187299.msg330660#msg330660 date=1301960914]

[/quote]

Pearce/Mullen
Mullen/Carney
Wallace/Mullen or Carney
Peace/Soward

Will that do?
[/quote]

That may do as far as options go, but I did say realistic options. Wallace was tried and failed, he hasn't got any better from what I've seen so why go there again ? I must admit I did forget about Mullen, but he has had a chance as well and came up short. I'd prefer him at half instead of 5/8, but I think long term Pearce is the better option there. I can't see Soward ever playing SOO personally. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6