Starling - a wrap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Not a lot to be happy with tonight so I'm focusing on something I enjoyed.

I thought Starling showed that tonight mattered. He chased Inglis there at one stage (and tackled him when he got slowed by others). He got the strops a few times and did a few after the ball hits. And just generally kept getting involved.

He is no superstar, but to me he really got stuck in.

I don't want to knock the guy, because I do think he is a good honest toiler, but he missed his assignment on the Dylan Walker try early in the second half. He should have gone in with a lot more intensity that close to the line, but was caught clutching at thin air; a jersey grab.

Snake said:
I don't want to knock the guy, because I do think he is a good honest toiler, but he missed his assignment on the Dylan Walker try early in the second half. He should have gone in with a lot more intensity that close to the line, but was caught clutching at thin air; a jersey grab.

No different to most of Choc's attempted tackles tonight.....

Napper's stand outs are why we got slaughtered. The benchies played better than most of the "superstars".

Killer03 said:
bob dylan said:
Plenty of the boys had a real dig.

Absolutely.

This isn't a backhanded dig at others. I'm just highlighting Starling as I think he's just a real trier.

Yeah, Starlin showed some real passion as did King, JSL and Lui. Plus Hodges was a super effort to play on.

bob dylan said:
Killer03 said:
bob dylan said:

Absolutely.

This isn't a backhanded dig at others. I'm just highlighting Starling as I think he's just a real trier.

Yeah, Starlin showed some real passion as did King, JSL and Lui. Plus Hodges was a super effort to play on.

King was terrible imo.

Napper said:
bob dylan said:
Killer03 said:
bob dylan said:

Absolutely.

King was terrible imo.

I thought it best to say nothing about Kingy-he is not first grade standard anymore. Love his passion, but he is a shadow

Starlo would have been a great player off the bench in our heyday. Unfotunately like most of our forwards at the moment they are young and they are reserve graders at best at the moment. Horo has dropped off big time and JSL has no mongrel about him and crabs constantly. Lui is getting better but still only just above average and Hasson for some reason doesnt get a run??. No experience in big games and it showed tonight. And they wont learn anything from King.

Bring on the RESSIES,,,,,,,They want 2 PLAY...!

Starling was like a 10 year old trying to stand up to a 25 year old man spare me ........useless....1

so he can run fast can,t tackle cant hit it up hard walks to the line ...****E..!

bob dylan said:
Killer03 said:
bob dylan said:

Absolutely.

passion.....you've got to be kidding.....passion FRUIT....!

Starling is a tryer but the alarming fact when you look at his stats for this game, an average of 4 metres per hit up, he needs to do more as we are so struggling for any go forward. Too many busted forwards I am afraid!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4