Standouts from tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Tony Williams looked much more comfortable, and had a real go at centres, made some good tackles and bustling runs.

Junior Palau had an awesome 1st grade debut, was in everything in attack and defence, could be a real smoky for nrl.

Dean Whare scored a nice try and is certainly quick. A season under his belt with Des could be the key.

Keiran Foran: it has to be!! reeks of class in everything he does, he must be signed long term, could be absolutely anything in a few years. 

Trent Hodkinson tried too hard, has a very good kicking game, long and short

Seu Seu was a live wire around dummy half, took a couple of bad options but set up some good stuff as well.

Cherry Evans did some ordinary things, is no where near the other 2 young halves and will probably leave the club for more opportunities.

it would be good to see but we did look good with lyon and foran. Jamie looks fit and hopefully will have an awesome season. He looked sharp in the trial. Goalkicking from him was good too.

I think jamie will go up a notch with the c next to his name

No Kite or Perry, Palau impressed me enormously in the front row, a very possible inclusion if injuries occur! Gulavou might struggle, he played with the rookies in 1st half, ain't big enough 4 prop, not sure where he fits.

Darren link said:
Junior Palau had an awesome 1st grade debut, was in everything in attack and defence, could be a real smoky for nrl.

It was a trial game, not a 1st grade debut. he may have gone well, but it was not a first grade game.

I hope he does carry it through to the real stuff.

Gday Johnny, quite nice to only have to drive 45 mins home eh!! Palau was much more dominant than most, fingers crossed he continues to improve, he is big but seems to move well around the paddock, Cross is coming back from a serious injury so he will need time. Whare from the Dragons looks likely, doubt will play 1st grade yet but seems to have a big future. I read he is 2nd fastest in club behind Brett. Glenn looked much more mobile this year, not as chunky (bulky) as last year. He hit the line with gusto and made many yards. I think Tony Williams has also "leaned" up abit. He moved pretty well on a slippery ground. Kingy did some great stuff, led from the front. Seu Seu can certainly hit, quite quick and is a nice signing. Hoppa isn't ready yet, still very young but made a great p[lay when diving for a loose ball and getting up and sprinting away.

Hi Fro, technically, it was a 1st grade debut but just not in nrl  ;D so we'll call it 50/50 on that  ;) Would be great to have another kid come thru. You can never have enough front rowers and maybe he will eventually take Perry or Kite's spot if they leave.

Call it what you like, it still wasnt a first grade game. twas a first grade TRIAL. :)

But it is good to see new guys coming through, on that I agree 100%

Poor old Jamie Buhrer just doesn't seem to have the size after last night. He ran hard but got hit and went down quickly without making yards. Lussick didn't get much quality ball but made some great hits. Cherry Evans looked average, got put in a huge gap and got ran down quite quickly.

Thanks guys, it's great to get some feedback. How did Snake and Ballin look?

The club has stuck at it with Palau so they obviously see something in him. If he makes it Darren will be able to point back 4 years when you first noticed him.

Hi Brad, and haven't I copped some flak from reyam etc so it would be nice and appreciated if he came good. I remember chatting at a sg ball game a few years ago and an official said he had a terrible leg type injury and the Roosters decided he wouldn't make it. At this stage, they have been correct. In his 2nd game with us against Tigers in lower grades he got the ball, pushed off 2 or 3, when thru the fullback and scored on the bell in a nothing match. I knew then he had something most players just can't ever do. I think 18 months ago he did  a major again (not sure which). Robstarr was at Windsor when he got carried off on the stretcher. I thought that would be it but yet he was in 2010 squad and held his own and more against Douglas, Snowden etc. fingers crossed.

From what we saw at the trial i'd really like to see Hodko at HB & Foran at 5/8th. Leave Killer in the centers, Foran's positional play wasn't really up to par at halfback & Hodko seemed to be more than up to the task.

Gifty was a stand out for me. He's packed on some muscle it seems & really gave it everything every time he had the ball. Made good metres and/or set up others whenever he was near the try line.

T-Rex was a huge improvement on last season also, the way he was running makes me think that the hamstring isn't troubling him anywhere near as much as it was last season. Will be excited to see him in FG which ever position he ends up playing.

Snake was bloody fast & the team looked so much safer in defence with him there. Unlucky not to get a try.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6