1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand as one and be heard.......

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, Mar 19, 2015.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Ok, can we be proactive regarding this situation ..... Instead of us just mentioning to each other we should sign DCE........ Can some one start or let me know how to start a petition to the club to get DCE to stay a sea eagle..... As we know this kid is special and is a huge mistake to let him walk...... We could be like parra waiting for another sterlo if he walks. So could someone please help me out regarding the petition , I understand it's not for everyone, and that's fine..... Just don't take part....... Let's make it happen and use our weight as supporters of this great proud club.

• Like Like x 1
  2. manlyseaeaglesyeew

manlyseaeaglesyeew Active Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 7
    I agree, doubt they would listen but, unlike foran this kid can do freakish stuff as seen against the storm. Im okay with foran going, but DCE is a different story IMO

3. Chief's Eagle

Chief's Eagle Eels Troll

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Fair Dinkum. How dumb is this.:flogger: Mate he's already announced he's had enough of the administration after they reduced his initial contract.:flogger:

Your flogging a dead horse I'm afraid.

How about we just get on with the job.:flogger:

4. MWSE4LIFE

MWSE4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    Yeah I think we should try something positive. I have had my doubts over DCE and even ran on the Foran bandwagon there for a bit (I'll admit) Even if we don't always see eye to eye on here, be nice for a change to all get behind something together. There is the debate on how DCE has gone about things (I agree for the most), but Tooves did stick his neck out for him and I'd like to give Tooves some support as well. If anything we can show the club what the fans are capable of.
    All of us should put our differences aside. I know there's good arguments for both but at least try. Can't hurt. #bleedmanly (yes I'm trying to get this hast tag going.ha If Saints can do it, so can we, right?)
    Get a petition going. I'll sign.

5. MWSE4LIFE

MWSE4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    Just flog the horse. If anything this can be a good test to see who the real supporters out there. We sit here and bag each other (I'm guilty) and if anything a little bit of camaraderie amongst us. BTW, You can always not sign too. Not interested to see how many people would support this? I am..... Go down swinging I say.............. Can't hurt can it?
    Ps. People do change their mind. Mata'utia brother/ Tedesco. etc...

6. manlyseaeaglesyeew

manlyseaeaglesyeew Active Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 7
    If we keep winning, titans keep getting flogged i wouldnt be surprised to be honest, especially if we all give DCE support!

7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
  8. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 52
  9. Dinga

Dinga Active Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 1
    I will sign..KELLY did say at the seasons launch that he is doing everything he can to retain our halves, well I don't think a deadline helped.. NOW lets get this petition going DCE did say on Sterlo he wanted to stay so LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!

10. Chief's Eagle

Chief's Eagle Eels Troll

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Ok mate. Cheers.
    Like your honesty and passion.

What I meant was, at the moment Manly are preparing to probably offer potential signings a contract.
    Now if we leave cap spaces open for DCE and co and wait until round 13 to make our move on new signings ., we may end up with nobody for 2016.

11. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Let him go. If he wanted to stay at Manly he would.
    The only teams that can afford mega$ to lure top shelf stars are low ranked clubs who want to turn their culture around.
    (And Roosters of course who easily afforded SBW)
    It is a shame but a reality of the cap structure. For Manly, anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fibro Eagle

Fibro Eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +721 / 30
    You beat me to it Chip and Chase . i have participated in a couple of petitions on this site before they link with facebok and all that kinda social media .
    But me personally i just think we move on there gone look to build the next generation of Manly dominance .but hey each to there own but worth a look c eagle if choose to go there Good Luck We are still on the same team whether we sign or not

13. Brooke

Brooke Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 9
    I agree . If we don't do something we risk losing our brilliant half back forever. I am all for a petition.
    I spoke with someone at the seaeagles today who encouraged me to write a protest email. As a member, fan that is our right. I would also encourage anyone who wants to stop Daly leaving and also wanting to voice support for Tooves to email the club.

14. Aussie Battler

Aussie Battler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    Comes a time when I think its best for both parties to part ways. He and his manager made a lot of noise when he was being paid unders so the club did the right thing and upgraded his contract. Last contract he signed with us was again big drama and the events of the last couple of weeks speak for themselves. I'll still sign the petition, but wouldn't be disappointed if we got a couple of youngsters in and started again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
  16. Brooke

Brooke Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 9
    Thanks Bones. I urge everyone to email Joe Kelly to voice our support for DCE and Tooves.

17. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Both parties have till Round 13 to review, especially due to Foz being brainwashed by the Dalai Cult which Manly did not expect. :cool:

2v and Chez should be the ones who clarify what they need of each other. Leave the pencil pushers out of it and it would be clarified in an hour, either way.:wait:

The basket case that is the Titans could still have a few more 'incidents' till Round 13 :wait:

Personality issues should be resolved behind the grandstand :punch:

18. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,253 / 32
  19. Baz

Baz Beaver's Headgear

Ratings:
    +263 / 2
    I'd sign the petition, I'd also get behind any show of support for Tooves

20. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Thanks guys, it's worth a shot even just to let the club know we are not happy with there performance regarding this issue..... Chip and chase thank you , I'll check this link out and try and get something going....... Let's hook in fellow Eagles and see if we could ruffle some head office feathers.