Stage 4 Revitalisation works at Brookvale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
This subject may have been mention before on Stage 4 works at Brookvale Oval.

Warringah Council has just approved a recent tender for Stage 4 of Brookvale Oval Revitalisation Works. The contract price is $2,777,512.10 exclusive of GST.

So what work will be done in coming months?

Found a few descriptions:

“Stage 4 works consist of:
- Extension of Jane Try Stand one bay to the north
-
- New amenities - kiosk and toilets
-
- Community Function room

- Removal of structures to northern hill

- Additional seating infront of existing Jane Try Stand”

All sounds good. It would be good to see some art designs/plans?

A lot of work has to be done and completed worse case by end of Mar’ 12 (means Brookie can not host games in rounds 1 to 4 I’m to believe?)

I think the new seating in front of the JT Stand will be in the form of a higher-raked tier (with passageway underneath/behind) than currently exists, which will create the illusion that the stand will run down to the sideline. Just like the work done some years ago at the SCG, in front of the O'Reilly, Brewongle and Churchill stands.

That will also mean new access points into the JT Stand, probably either side of the players' race.

Hope they put in easy access for the less mobile and space for wheelchairs at a decent elevatiion. Im always amazed at the effort required by these loyal Fans :heart:

I believe that a new lift will be built at the back of the Arthurson stand to bring the ground up to standard in that regard. I think it's a leftover from the last phase of redevelopment, along with a dual-purpose scoreboard/video screen.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2