St George to make play for Trbojevic Bros

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would hate to see the boys go, bit IF those figures are true then all the best boys, got get that money..
Dce and foran had to bust their backsides for years to earn that coin.. It took a winning grand final, multiple finals campaigns, playing for aus/nz, playing origin...
The turbos have done absolutely nothing yet.. Both have great potential and both work hard every single week no doubt about it, but they havnt even made it to a finals series yet... Ide say at this stage, 500/600 tops is what each is worth...
Not to mention, you pay tommy 1.2 mil at 19, when hes 23 and off contract you will need an upgrade to keep him, 1.5 - 1.8 or so, and if jake gets 800 now, it will take abour 1.2 to re sign him after that... Absolutely not worth it.. Not yet..
Having said that, i dont believe they will run to the highest bidder, the boys seem to have a bit more character than the likes of hayne and foran

St George have made a play at many players in recent times and been embarrassed if not humiliated by constant rejections.
In that situation it makes perfectly good sense that they might as well bid for two budding stars who will never ever sign with them. So they say no, who will be surprised? Nothing to lose!

I know it's St George and all but that is stupidly huge money to be throwing even Id consider taking it up. I reckon we should be a little worried.

This is all a ploy by St George and the NRL to run Manly broke. Bid for the Trobjs to jack the price up. They know they can't win, but they can play their bluff until Manly cave and pay them overs.
I want them to get overs too, but lets hope Manly don't get sucked dry.
The vultures are coming in at every angle.
NYEagle

Forget Matt Gillett, Asofa-Solomona or James Roberts, these two need to be the priority.

They want to stay at Manly, so sort out the financial element of this and make it happen before anyone else gets a sniff. The longer it goes on the more chance of the club losing out and a subsequent uproar from the fan base.

How can we be surprised that other Clubs want these two young stars who are at the beginning of their careers. It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. We have to do whatever is necessary to keep them! It will cost plenty but they are worth it.

Settle down. They will get their offers once the cap amounts for the future years is clear. Neither side should be in a hurry to get a deal done now when they don't know what the impact will be or how it would compare to deals done with a significantly increased cap.

The Penns may be smart business man but are dumb as sh1t at running a football club.

They stuffed up resigning Foran (lucky there but at the time was a bad decision), DCE and possibly the Turbo's.
It doesn't take a genius to know every man and his dog will throw big $$$ at the brothers, why wouldn't you have already had them signed up for the next 4-5 seasons. $X with extra for making grand finals, SOO or internationals to reflect their worth. Saying they wanted to sign short term to test the market value in a few years is crap. Offer a decent contract and most will sign up.

Cant blame the brothers if someone comes along and offers that sort of money. I would jump too.

Maybe the Penns should buy a chain of bed shops as they seem to have more experience at sleeping then planning ahead.

I know it's St George and all but that is stupidly huge money to be throwing even Id consider taking it up. I reckon we should be a little worried.

Agreed, it was always going to be a case of if Manly can get somewhere in the ballpark then they'll stay. That ballpark is now a lot bigger than what would have been planned for. Anyone can see that the Brothers have enormous potential but it is beyond irresponsible to put up an offer like that on players that have had 1 to 2 seasons of first team football, with a club that hasn't qualified for the finals in those seasons, haven't yet played SOO or International Rugby League.

This just distorts the market so much.

The Penns may be smart business man but are dumb as sh1t at running a football club.

They stuffed up resigning Foran (lucky there but at the time was a bad decision), DCE and possibly the Turbo's.
It doesn't take a genius to know every man and his dog will throw big $$$ at the brothers, why wouldn't you have already had them signed up for the next 4-5 seasons. $X with extra for making grand finals, SOO or internationals to reflect their worth. Saying they wanted to sign short term to test the market value in a few years is crap. Offer a decent contract and most will sign up.

Cant blame the brothers if someone comes along and offers that sort of money. I would jump too.

Maybe the Penns should buy a chain of bed shops as they seem to have more experience at sleeping then planning ahead.
The caps is going to go up so why would they sign now? This is the whole reason so many guys are signed through 2017 only.

The only bad decision at the time was trying to keep Foran at all. His injuries were only going to get worse and his heart left the club at the end of 2013.

The caps is going to go up so why would they sign now? This is the whole reason so many guys are signed through 2017 only.
Because their old man John has been into the club demanding a much larger slice of the pie.

Because their old man John has been into the club demanding a much larger slice of the pie.
Should have sent this straight to the Tele......no wait, they will read it here!
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8