Squad List for Manly v Sharks trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have heard some reports (from normally reliable source) that Bretts knee is chronic and that he will not ever regain his original pace.

I know that contradicts most that had been written in the media but at this stage as much as I want to believe the media hype about Brett being faster, stronger, more athletic than ever I will adopt a wait and see position in regards to Brett's fitness.

Corso_Pete link said:
I have heard some reports (from normally reliable source) that Bretts knee is chronic and that he will not ever regain his original pace.

I know that contradicts most that had been written in the media but at this stage as much as I want to believe the media hype about Brett being faster, stronger, more athletic than ever I will adopt a wait and see position in regards to Brett's fitness.

I thought he was going to get some knee cartlidge inserted that was medically grown in some lab?

Chip & Chase link said:
T Williams at centre ?? I might be misguided, but I can't see him making a fist of that on last years form. I think any opposition player with a bit of speed and footwork would leave him clutching at thin air.
Spot on,C&C.Someone with even a slight step will be through him like epsom salts.I hope like hell that he will be used as a utility player this year.I will state now that this lummox will royally stuff up in the centres.

When people have asked what position is of concern i automatically think the centres. If we keep moving Lyon into 5/8 and Mattai has his chronic neck injury + a few untrieds, then we are actually a bit skinny in that position.

If T-Rex performs in the centres then Des is the Ghandi of the coaching world. A miracle worker. I just dont see it happening.

I have seen him carve up in the centres, but that was only at the 20s level so may not be the case against the big boys

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I have seen him carve up in the centres, but that was only at the 20s level so may not be the case against the big boys

Well to be fair, we are playing the Sharks.

Should T-Rex line up against Pomeroy it could be one for the ages.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Sharks - 1. Nathan Stapleton 2. Luke Covell 3. Ben Pomeroy 4. Dean Collis 5. Isaac Gordon 6. Trent Barrett 7. John Morris 8. Kade Snowden 9. Stuart Flanagan 10. Luke Douglas 11. Reece Williams 12. Grant Millington 13. Jayson Bukuya
Interchange: Nathan Gardner, Albert Kelly, Matthew Wright, Stewart Mills, Josh Cordoba, Lancen Juodo, Siosaia Vave, Adam Cuthbertson, Broderick Wright
LINK
http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=22405&sharks-side-named-for-trial-match

Pretty sad when they have 5 parra rejects in the side John Morris, Albert Kelly, Matthew Wright, Josh Cordoba, Broderick Wright - Stuart Flanagan might be one as well.

I dunno, I think I"d rather Jamie Lyon, Tony Williams, Trent Hodkinson, Joe Galuvao & David Williams rather than the 5 plodders they received from Parra.

It's not gonna be cool knowing Cuthbo is in a Sharks jersey either. My opinion - loved the guy !

I'll be a little bit sad too Ryan, but really he just didn't come on.  Reports this morning suggest Manly trainers thought he was a little shy in the mental toughness department.  They'd know. 

When you read that article where it says Hall took his place in the 08 GF, you gotta ask yourself, would Cuthbo have made that run that led to Bell's try?  Sadly i can't see it. 

I'll be sad to see him with Sharks headgear but them's the breaks

clontaago link said:
I wouldnt say Albert Kelly is a reject. He looked the goods last year in the 20's.

I'd always thought that from what Parra fans were saying. Must be tough having John Morris ahead of him :)

Pouring down here in the Shire. Don't think Des will risk many of the thoroughbreds tonight. If it clears, I'll get down there.

cuthbo also known as mr dropsey, he cant hold the ball. 5-6 manly players not there. no matter the result, nooooooo injuries. i hate ricky stuart, hes a wanker, he thinks hes bigger than the game. hope the new buys go well. we have good depth too. go manly and take there ****en heads off.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6