Squad Balance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would he be on more than Pud Hiku seeing as we resigned Hiku when he was the Kiwi #1?

We won't go far if Koroisau is our first string 5/8. There is a reason he is 3rd choice in that spot for Penrith. I'm hoping we are going to sign someone decent for the 6 next year

Ballin has suited us at hooker while we've had a top notch half on either side of the ruck, as we've mainly just needed to get the ball to them asap.

As of next year we will be down to one ace half, and noting also the reduced interchange I can see the point in wanting to have an attacking option out of dummy half. And if we have that, then at 5/8 probably all we need is someone who can tackle and kick a bit, and look good in maroon and white.

Big Motors on Big guys will come into it next year.

Guys like Jake, BJ, Myles, Starling & Mateo are all capable of playing long stints and are big lads (not huge).

Add the Buhrer/Leary/Brown/Symonds types who will play 80 mintes it frees up a bench spot for an explosive player to come on and expliot tired packs.

Horo will be well suited to next years rule changes I think, he is quite big and can play 80 minutes.

Big Motors on Big guys will come into it next year.

Guys like Jake, BJ, Myles, Starling & Mateo are all capable of playing long stints and are big lads (not huge).

Add the Buhrer/Leary/Brown/Symonds types who will play 80 mintes it frees up a bench spot for an explosive player to come on and expliot tired packs.

Horo will be well suited to next years rule changes I think, he is quite big and can play 80 minutes.

I think Parcell can destroy off the bench, come on after koro has had a stint and rip through tired packs.

My mail however not informed from the most reliable sources is that this is the current state of affairs.

Ballin has fielded a big offer from leeds that he is seriously contemplating.

Dunamis Lui has signed with the dragons announcement pending 10 day cooling off period.

Manly look likely to sign Suaia Matagi, Justin Hunt and Adam Docker. Possibly bringing back Charlie Taylor from the roosters as well.

Will sign one of McCrone and Cornish, deal with Cornish was all but done but then mysteriously fell through has been quiet since.

Ash Taylor has signed with the Titans.

Luke Burgess will be retained as we have been unable to secure any more big names for next season so the plan is to make a big play for Sam in 2017.

Trying to keep cap space free for 2017 so guys like Starling who only have 2016 left on their contract will be retained.

Mason may actually get another 1 year deal

Chee-Kam and Littlejohn are on the way out the door to the Tigers.

Want to get rid of Mateo but no one will take him.

Negotiating with Bulldogs to take Tony Williams but key factor is how much of his salary Bulldogs will be paying, both clubs unwilling to pay more than half.

There will be no more big signings for 2016.

Blair, Vave, Wolfman, Horo, Lui, Chee-Kam, Littlejohn, Hasson, Baker, Berryman, Satini, Latham will be moved on.

Parcell is signed.

Lussick is signed.

That makes the squad this:

Stewart
Trbojevic
Matai
Hiku
Taufua
Lyon
Cherry-Evans
Myles
Koroisau
Lawrence
Mateo
Buhrer
Trbojevic

Parcell
Brown
Starling
Lussick

Gutherson
McCrone/Cornish
Mason
Burgess
Symonds
Leary
Matagi
Docker

Outside top 25

Taylor
Rudolph
Hodges
Hunt
Knight
Demetriou
Williame
Sene-Lefao
Kelly

Last edited:
My mail however not informed from the most reliable sources is that this is the current state of affairs.

Dunamis Lui has signed with the dragons announcement pending 10 day cooling off period.

Manly look likely to sign Suaia Matagi, Justin Hunt and Adam Docker. Possibly bringing back Charlie Taylor from the roosters as well.

Will sign one of McCrone and Cornish, deal with Cornish was all but done but then mysteriously fell through has been quiet since.

Luke Burgess will be retained as we have been unable to secure any more big names for next season so the plan is to make a big play for Sam in 2017.

Trying to keep cap space free for 2017 so guys like Starling who only have 2016 left on their contract will be retained.

Negotiating with Bulldogs to take Tony Williams but key factor is how much of his salary Bulldogs will be paying, both clubs unwilling to pay more than half.

Blair, Vave, Wolfman, Horo, Lui, Chee-Kam, Littlejohn, Hasson, Baker, Berryman, Satini, Latham will be moved on.

Parcell is signed.

Lussick is signed.

Stewart
Trbojevic
Matai
Hiku
Taufua
Lyon
Cherry-Evans
Myles
Koroisau
Lawrence
Mateo
Buhrer
Trbojevic

Parcell
Brown
Starling
Lussick

Gutherson
McCrone/Cornish
Mason
Burgess
Symonds
Sene-Lefao
Matagi
Docker

Outside top 25

Taylor
Rudolph
Hodges
Hunt
Knight
Demetriou
Williame
Kelly

Where did you hear about Hunt, Matagi, Docker and all the rest?

Hunt from a mate who plays for the dragons.

Matagi from a well connected roosters supporter friend.

Docker has been doing the rounds for a while now.

None of the above is confirmed but just an amalgamation of all of the rings I have heard.

Parcell is signed.

Lussick is signed.

Stewart
Trbojevic
Matai
Hiku
Taufua
Lyon
Cherry-Evans
Myles
Koroisau
Lawrence
Mateo
Buhrer
Trbojevic

Parcell
Brown
Starling
Lussick

Gutherson
McCrone/Cornish
Mason
Burgess
Symonds
Sene-Lefao
Matagi
Docker

Outside top 25

Taylor
Rudolph
Hodges
Hunt
Knight
Demetriou
Williame
Kelly

Some of the players in the top 25 would be playing Cup or ( Reserve Grade ) and outside the 25 would be Reserve Grade next season if the Holden Cup gets the chop. But the club would be promoting Youth...Thank God ! As it would be a young, fast side which is what we need to come through to the top grade and have young, energetic replacements available at short notice. I want to see flyer Charlie Taylor back so hurry up Bozo and sort it out with Nick at the Roosters !

Last edited:
Hunt from a mate who plays for the dragons.

Matagi from a well connected roosters supporter friend.

Docker has been doing the rounds for a while now.

None of the above is confirmed but just an amalgamation of all of the rings I have heard.

Cheers, have you heard anything about Will Pearsell playing 5/8 in 2017 when killer retires?

Cheers, have you heard anything about Will Pearsell playing 5/8 in 2017 when killer retires?
No, but judging from the signings they are making they must think that if you throw Pearsall, Travers and Hynes at the wall at least one of them will stick. Also have the Johns boys coming through lower grades further down the track aswell.

I hope the reason some of these signings haven't been announced, is because they haven't been made, or we are still evaluating everything.

I agree with @Fluffy about our lack of depth next season given that list. I was told that list is great exaggerated, and I hope that's true.

End of the day, our contracted players ARE contracted - so if they dig their heels in, they are depth in our top 25 worst case scenario.

Look, I understand that the club is taking the opportunity now, knowing full well Matty Ballin may be retiring in 12-24 months to acquire really young guys, as they are available now - BUT DO NOT BURN YOUR PLAYERS. We have seen the result of that these past 18 months.

In a perfect world, where flowers bloom, the water is milo/milk, and noone has to work, I'd love this (and think this is GF quality that Barrett would luckily inherit).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Api Koroisou
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Willie Mason

18. Clinton Gutherson
19. Peta Hiku
20. Matt Parcell
21. Jese Sene-Lefeo
22. Josh Starling
23. Blake Leary
24. Addison Demetriou
25. Liam Knight
26. Michael Chee Kam
27. Luke Burgess

Depth, depth, depth.

Players of note unfortunately gone: Justin Horo, Kieran Foran, Jack Littlejohn, Tyson Andrews, James Hasson.

We then have the 2nd tier and NYC cap to cater for guys like:

Riley Travers
Manaia Rudolph

and many, many others....

Would people feel more comfortable with a squad like above?
Tom Symonds in first grade lol. Z red for Manly Warringah please. I dare you to watch a replay of every game this year. If he has had less than 13 tries scored on him i will eat this post.

I'll update / cross out as things change or are confirmed:-

OUTS

+ Michael Chee-Kam (Tigers) Backrow / Centre
+ Jack Littlejohn (Tigers) 5/8
+ Kieran Foran (Parramatta) 5/8
+ James Hasson (Parramatta) Prop
+ Ligi Sao (Warriors) Prop
+ Dunamis Lui (Dragons) Backrow / Lock

INS
+ Nate Myles (Titans) Prop / Backrow
+ Lewis Brown (Panthers) Utility
+ Api Koroisou (Panthers) Hooker / 5/8
+ Darcy Lussick (Parramatta) Prop
+ Matt Parcell (Broncos) Hooker

UNDECIDED (underlined my Preference)
+ Tyson Andrew (unsigned)
+ Uiti Banker (unsigned)
+ Delroy Berryman (unsigned)
+ Cheys Blair (unsigned)
+ Justin Horo (unsigned)
+ Jordan Latham (unsigned)
+ Willie Mason (unsigned)
+ Manaia Rudolph (unsigned)

+ Tony Satini (unsigned)
+ Siosaia Vave (unsigned)
+ David Williams (unsigned)

RUMOURED (Hope none of these happen)
+ Matt Ballin (Catalan)
+ Feleti Meteo (Released)
+ Luke Burgess (Released)
+ Tom Symonds (Sharks)

hopefully symonds is gone, we are a better team without him, actually hope all of the rumoured on the list above are gone

If Matagi comes over he will quickly be a crowd favourite, his kickoff returns off the back fence at full noise are great to watch

I'll update / cross out as things change or are confirmed:-

OUTS

+ Michael Chee-Kam (Tigers) Backrow / Centre
+ Jack Littlejohn (Tigers) 5/8
+ Kieran Foran (Parramatta) 5/8
+ James Hasson (Parramatta) Prop
+ Ligi Sao (Warriors) Prop
+ Dunamis Lui (Dragons) Backrow / Lock

INS
+ Nate Myles (Titans) Prop / Backrow
+ Lewis Brown (Panthers) Utility
+ Api Koroisou (Panthers) Hooker / 5/8
+ Darcy Lussick (Parramatta) Prop
+ Matt Parcell (Broncos) Hooker

UNDECIDED (underlined my Preference)
+ Tyson Andrew (unsigned)
+ Uiti Banker (unsigned)
+ Delroy Berryman (unsigned)
+ Cheys Blair (unsigned)
+ Justin Horo (unsigned)
+ Jordan Latham (unsigned)
+ Willie Mason (unsigned)
+ Manaia Rudolph (unsigned)

+ Tony Satini (unsigned)
+ Siosaia Vave (unsigned)
+ David Williams (unsigned)

RUMOURED (Hope none of these happen)
+ Matt Ballin (Catalan)
+ Feleti Meteo (Released)
+ Luke Burgess (Released)
+ Tom Symonds (Sharks)
Agree with all that, and I think Willie for one more year ( and then a big play for Sam Burgess) would be fine, he's showed enough recently that he couldn't I'll be value for 20-30 off the bench in 2016

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4