Spud urges Manly to use Storm tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Spud urges Manly to use Storm tactics

MANLY players have been urged to "fight fire with fire" as fresh evidence emerged that Melbourne continue using niggling and unsavoury tackling techniques.

The revelation comes as Manly skipper Matt Orford claimed his side must be aggressive in tomorrow night's blockbuster at Brookvale.

The Daily Telegraph has obtained footage which shows Melbourne used their full array of defensive tricks in last Friday night's match against Gold Coast at Olympic Park.

It shows Melbourne players slowing down the play-the-ball by thrusting their knees into Titans players' hamstrings while also using the chicken wing and grapple.

But former Manly hard man Mark Carroll says the Sea Eagles must do what St George Illawarra did three weeks ago and not allow Melbourne to dominate at the ruck.

"If they used any of those tactics on me I'd get up and start throwing them," Carroll said.

"I think we should fight fire with fire. I think there'll be fireworks.

"They get three into every tackle. It's unbelievable. They might stop doing it for a week or so but it will come back again near the finals."

Orford said that referee Tony Archer would be closely monitoring the ruck area.

"It's (ruck tactics) been well documented over the last few weeks," Orford told The Daily Telegraph.

"Every teams works hard on the ruck and play-the-ball area.

"I'm sure the referee will be intent on watching the ruck area. They'll be keeping an eye on what tactics go on.

"We need to be aggressive and get on the front foot. There's no use being a passive team and letting them dictate terms.

"We can't let the Storm dictate the terms. We need to be aggressive in all parts of our game."

Manly players are aware of Melbourne's tactics but are reluctant to comment publicly.

"We're used to it," said Manly prop Josh Perry. "A lot of teams do it. We'll be ready for it. They do it pretty well."

Foward Anthony Watmough added: "They will step on your hand. My hand's been trodden on a hundred times over the years."

Hasler was coy when asked about Melbourne's tactics.

"It's something the referee has to adjudicate," he said.

"If he referees as he should, there won't be a problem."

NRL assistant referees coach Bill Harrigan will be watching the match intently.

"We're aware of the tactics of all the teams," Harrigan said.

Storm prop Brett White said his side would not be lured into any on-field flare-ups with Manly.

"Getting in a fight is not going to help you do that," White said.

But Storm CEO Brian Waldron said the match would be fierce.

"It will be on for young and old," he said.

Manly will start the match $2.20 outsiders with the Storm at $1.65.

cheers -> on front page now.

Everyone if you have an article please consider adding it to the site viat the "Submit Article" link on the front page

It's probably just me but i'm not a fan of these things.  My main reason is during the Origins when all the old props would say to rip in and all that...look what happened :(

"We're aware of the tactics of all the teams," Harrigan said.

Well thankyou Bill. But why are you doing SFA about it ?

Can you hire cement trucks by the hour ?

Gee I'm sure the storm are shaking in their boots being threatened buy WILLO,HALL,JACK A and the rest of the soft cocks in our pack,can't wait to see it.I guess they will knock the storm out with their handbags

MNF link said:
Gee I'm sure the storm are shaking in their boots being threatened buy WILLO,HALL,JACK A and the rest of the soft cocks in our pack,can't wait to see it.I guess they will knock the storm out with their handbags

Nope...they've borrowed yours to do it.

MNF link said:
'I'm only happy when it rains'

If we were using true Storm tactics then coaches, former and current players would NOT be talking about tactics in the media.

All you get from Bellyaches mob is 'manly is the benchmark team' yada yada.

They don't say nothing, probably too busy shoulder charging an orford effigy, and getting new tips from WWF.

Or learning about pressure points, and how you can rip a mans heart out and show it to him.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=MNF link=topic=178081.msg192294#msg192294 date=1218074212]

Nope...they've borrowed yours to do it.
[/quote]

;D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7