1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotted In the Stands

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by paski_10, Aug 8, 2010.

1. paski_10

paski_10 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did anyone spot one Michael Bani in the Jane Try stand last night? He was sitting just a few seats up from where I was. You think he could be sniffing for a return to Brookie?

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
  3. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    no offence to the bloke but hes useless !

4. Andy 1972

Andy 1972 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Can remember when he first hit first grade in 07, he looked really good, but he's never gone on with it.  I don't think injuries have helped.  We made a great bargain swapping him for Farrar.

Andy1972
    Manly Forever.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    He'd be ok for The Sunshine Coast in the event of injury...but nothing more. That being said, if we have T-Rex on the bench next year - there would be zero need for him.

IMO, our team from 07/08 was very, very tight knit - hence why we see Ox, Bani & co. all supporting each other, even when they still don't play for us.

The new guys in JWH, Tasi, Hodko, Perry and co. unfortunately in my opinion don't share that value...and it's what is needed to have a Premiership team...

Hopefully we ween them all out, and we get that brotherhood mentality back again 2011.

That's what makes Matai saying he wants so much to play in our jersey a better character and team player in my opinion. He is an integral part of our team, and I'm SOOOO glad he's remaining with us....hopefully for good.

Like Wiki in his later years, I reckon a 28-29 year old Matai would make a mean mofo backrower with a bit of extra meat on his bones.

6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    Ryan, Perry was a member of our 2008 premiership team...

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    Ryan, Perry was a member of our 2008 premiership team...
    [/quote]

I know....and he played differently at that stage as well.

8. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Bani, won't forget that match he came in for against the Cows in the prelim final of 07, he looked dynamite. Once he had a few injuries he has never looked close to that player

9. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Dodgy shoulders worried this guy. When confident his defence was good. Had genuine speed and did well for us at time. I will never forget the try at Parra stadium!! Injury cut short what could have been a great Manly career. That said, Farrar was a good swap and it worked in our favour.

10. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    That game was a part of my bucks night, i vaugely remember that try :)