Spoon predictions???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't care who gets it as long as Manly never do.

I think there are three groups.

Top teams are:

1 Manly (still have a very strong playing roster and a great culture)

2 Brisbane (still has a lot of talent and may even go a little better this year)

3 Melbourne (you can never write them off as much as I'd like to)

4 Tigers (pretenders a bit for mine)

5 Warriors (I rate them as good as the Tigers but with a new coach they might struggle a bit)

Middle teams are:

6 St George (I think they are on the slide and have lost a lot of playing strength)

7 Newcastle (may surprise a bit with Bennet as coach this year they have good overall talent)

8 Cowboys (still have a bit of talent that can win a game on the day)

9 Dogs (I still think De$ may just sneak them into the play-offs)

10 Souths (I rate them about the same as the Dogs)

Bottom teams are:

11 Sharks (Todd Kearney might be able to help them a bit like he did his first year with Easts)

12 Panthers (I don't see much talent there)

13 Titans (they picked up some players but no-one outstanding)

14 Easts (Smith might be the first coach sacked this year)

15 Raiders (Toss up between these, P/matta and Easts for mine)

16 Parramatta (Should improve but not for another 2 years)

Well for what its worth I think the teams will finish there or there abouts. Only time will tell. I just hope 2V and the guys have a great year and go back to back in 2012. Good luck.

Spot on Eagle Rock08.
I've said in previous posts that imo Brisbane should be favourites for next season. I'd like to see Parra, Souths, Easts or Illawarra finish last. My tip is the eels.

The Who said:
Spot on Eagle Rock08.
I've said in previous posts that imo Brisbane should be favourites for next season. I'd like to see Parra, Souths, Easts or Illawarra finish last. My tip is the eels.
Yes Brisbane have a solid foward pack & handy outside backs but the halves??? Wallace is very overrated imo & without DL at 5/8 will lack direction & will be fringe top 4 imo.
Still believe Manly deserve to be favourites in 2012 with main dangers Tigers & Warriors.

Brisbane will be in the mix but are a massive unknown with out old final game roadshow

eagles2win said:
Phoenix said:
Bulldogs and that's just not because of Des. Signed well with coach and coaching staff but lost a fair bit of talent ie Jamal Idris, Ryan and Roberts to name a few.

They did not sign anybody for 2012 so considering they missed the top 8 with these boys I am sure they will be moving further down the ladder.

Don' know why people rate Idris defence is ordinary, lazy in attack. Roberts is league's greatest enigma (the talent is there no doubt but it comes and goes - looked for that video of Wally claiming he should play Origin despite the fact he's a kiwi)

They signed James Graham - pride of ranga scousers everywhere

Oh yeah they brought that guy, big deal.

I agree with your comments in regards to Idris and Roberts but they were there and could of both been lethal in attack given the right direction and coaching. Look at T-Rex I am sure Hasler could of
Conditioned Idris to be just as devastating.

So I am sticking with the dogs being a bottom feeder this year!

Parra as my first choice. The wheels may well and truly fall of St George as well; I'd be having a few bucks on them.

It's nearly always blue.
Daniel said:
1947 said:
Daniel said:
1947 said:
Would love to see the Dogs get the spoon but speaking honestly it will be Parramatta - have nothing Parramatta.

Others I would like to see with the spoon, Souths or Storm.:(

Storm? You are kidding right? They will be in the mix AGAIN this year

Daniel you misread my sentence.
Storm and Souths I would like to see get the spoon - never said they will get it.
I think the Storm will be competitive as always unforunately.

Ah, I did too. Yeah fair point, I wouldn't mind seeing an end to the Storm dominance over the past few years, i just totally dislike them.

mozgrame said:
Daniel said:
mozgrame said:
There is a bloke up here who made the paper ( The Morning Bulletin ) last Saturday. He's driving around town in a builders truck with a Manly football and a wooden spoon hanging off the back of it.
I imagine he'd be able to hammer nails all day long with such a well developed grip and wrist strength.

Probably a motor sport fan

HAHA, truck racing! Is doesn't get any more exciting than that mate!!:sleepy:

I can think of many things more exciting that truck racing, for one, checking the colour of the lint within my belly button

Thanks guys you've all given some interesting predictions.I also was thinking 3 raiders,panthers,sharks & reckon it may be raiders & sharks.

I decided against the panthers because of the gus fooled factor associated with the coaching side.

Most teams , should they lose vital players , can struggle, so in saying that, i reckon it's down to either titans or cowboys......titans just seem to me to be an ageing side and i don't think cartwright can squeeze any more juice out of them, and the cowboys seem to have a good year followed by a bad one, as well as having a massive dependence on their no.7.....can't see thurston continuing to lift his side after origin each and every year...the guy is good , just not that good, but age and pressure i think will get to him - just an opinion.

The Raiders if Campese can't play the season. I think the Sharkies may surprise they have a reasonable roster and Flanagan is a good coach.The pressure is well and truly on Smith at the Rorters anything other than top 4 will see his career in the NRL finished same with Furner and Kearney. Sheens better get the Tigers to a GF or he may go as well I reckon if they falter the Sheens Farrah feud will boil over.

Furners job is safe because his brother is CEO.
The players are realizing that he can't coach and are getting out left right and centre

Would be great to see Parra get the spoon this season but I think it may go to either Penrith or the Titans may go back to back.

Titans. Matty Rogers is already hinting at a return. They bought up big in the off-season, just not the right position..5/8. Prince will struggle once again without a decent link man and foil.
And Dave Furner having his brother there as CEO will not save him..he'll be gone by June.

The Spoon ??? what Spoon ??? In all of our proud history we never had the Spoon and thats why the Mighty Sea Eagles is the Greatest team of all !!!

Daniel said:
- Panthers (they are going to be lucky to do much at all this year, it will take a while until Gus gets any players over there, and even then, a dictatorship won't help)

- Rabbitohs: Without Sandow, they may be more consistent, but probably consistently bad. Isaac Luke will slowly get the squeeze put on him about his tackles and I can see him sulking for a good part of the year. They still have some talent, but not in key positions.

- Parramatta: not just because I hate them, but even with Sandow, they seem a rag-tag bunch of footballers with a bit of talent sprinkled here and there, but certainly no-one that I would look at and say "yes that guy can win you matches"

- Sharks: Carney will have an early impact but they won't have the talent to go far.

A smokey is Newcastle. It's going to take Bennett a few years to build a team here. When he went to the Dragons they already had a pretty good team, they just needed a bit of advice on how to win. It's a different story at Newcastle. I don't think they have enough to go even close this year and the cleanout that will surely be happening and the buy for 2013 will probably see a morale drop from a lot of players

All the above except the Sharks, i think will have a season pretty close to the one they had in 08. Maybe not as successfu, but big improvement on 2011..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6