1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoon predictions???

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by PONTIAN SEA EAGLE, Jan 6, 2012.

1. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Need to put a few wagers any views.

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Dragons, Roosters or Raiders

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    - Panthers (they are going to be lucky to do much at all this year, it will take a while until Gus gets any players over there, and even then, a dictatorship won't help)

- Rabbitohs: Without Sandow, they may be more consistent, but probably consistently bad. Isaac Luke will slowly get the squeeze put on him about his tackles and I can see him sulking for a good part of the year. They still have some talent, but not in key positions.

- Parramatta: not just because I hate them, but even with Sandow, they seem a rag-tag bunch of footballers with a bit of talent sprinkled here and there, but certainly no-one that I would look at and say "yes that guy can win you matches"

- Sharks: Carney will have an early impact but they won't have the talent to go far.

A smokey is Newcastle. It's going to take Bennett a few years to build a team here. When he went to the Dragons they already had a pretty good team, they just needed a bit of advice on how to win. It's a different story at Newcastle. I don't think they have enough to go even close this year and the cleanout that will surely be happening and the buy for 2013 will probably see a morale drop from a lot of players

4. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    - Raiders too. Though if they get Campese back, I think they should be safe from the spoon

• Like Like x 2
  5. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    The Rabbits. I think they will struggle for direction. Sandows individual brilliance/ass is all that won them a few games last year, now that's gone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Table and Tea are my favourites

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Bulldogs and that's just not because of Des. Signed well with coach and coaching staff but lost a fair bit of talent ie Jamal Idris, Ryan and Roberts to name a few.

They did not sign anybody for 2012 so considering they missed the top 8 with these boys I am sure they will be moving further down the ladder.

8. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Would love to see the Dogs get the spoon but speaking honestly it will be Parramatta - have nothing Parramatta.

Others I would like to see with the spoon, Souths or Storm.:(

9. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Storm? You are kidding right? They will be in the mix AGAIN this year

10. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Don' know why people rate Idris defence is ordinary, lazy in attack. Roberts is league's greatest enigma (the talent is there no doubt but it comes and goes - looked for that video of Wally claiming he should play Origin despite the fact he's a kiwi)

They signed James Graham - pride of ranga scousers everywhere

11. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    There is a bloke up here who made the paper ( The Morning Bulletin ) last Saturday. He's driving around town in a builders truck with a Manly football and a wooden spoon hanging off the back of it.
    I imagine he'd be able to hammer nails all day long with such a well developed grip and wrist strength.

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    My money is on parramatta but if I got to choose out of any team would be the bulldogs

13. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Probably a motor sport fan

14. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Daniel you misread my sentence.
    Storm and Souths I would like to see get the spoon - never said they will get it.
    I think the Storm will be competitive as always unforunately.

15. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    HAHA, truck racing! Is doesn't get any more exciting than that mate!!:sleepy:

16. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Ah, I did too. Yeah fair point, I wouldn't mind seeing an end to the Storm dominance over the past few years, i just totally dislike them.

I can think of many things more exciting that truck racing, for one, checking the colour of the lint within my belly button

17. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Anyone for the titans?

18. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    I'm with lsz. Titans or Sharks

20. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Penrith for mine but if Canberra lose injury prone Dugan/Campese for extended periods will go very close.
    The beauty of the Seaeagles team in 2012 is the massive depth - not that we want injuries but the backup & depth is top shelf in MOST positions. ;)