Sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
How is it that a running joke like the Bears, who don't exist and have no profile, can boast $1m per annum in sponsorship from Mortgage House?  And we can't find a shirt sponsor despite being the longest running finalists and starring on TV each week.

Anyone else getting the picture?

There is a difference between making a profitable business and winning footy games. We have become quite good at the latter.  There are sound financial reasons for sponsoring high-profile teams. Could ownership end up being a cheaper way to get the benefits that sponsors get?

What else have the Bears got to do other than this ? Not like they are trying to run a club and sort out a squad under the cap etc

Souths are owned by a movie star and having no sponsor at the moment

Gee Mortgage House are getting some mileage out of that pseudo sponsorship, and all without the danger of ever having to front up with the cash.

If the bears get in the comp in 2013 there will be no shortage of sponsors willing to throw their hands up for them. ive said it before but if the bears get in it wont do us any favours !

The Bears are getting plenty of column space at the moment, will be a different story after their 1st season if they get back in. They will want to sign their 1st sponsor up to as long a contract as they possibly can.

They will get in, but they need to make as much as they can now, because I have a feeling that it will be two teams, ie. perhaps perth and then the Bears will have to share the limelight.

I dont think they will get in. I heard on the radio this morning Gallop is looking more favourably on seeing a central Queensland team added to the comp so as stated before f**k the bears

Let's face it guys, there's MORE than enough sides in NSW, so Adam is right I think far more chance of CQ, or Perth than the Central Coast.

TV rights will dictate this more than anything, and you can bet the TC people will be saying " we'll pay this IF you have teams in all States"

Foxtel especially will want that.

The bears have done all the right things, the thing that would go against the bears is that a doubt gallop wants another sydney based team, although theyre not based in sydney, it would be too hectic.

Canberra
Dragons
Roosters
Souths
Sharks
Manly
Parramatta
Penrith
Tigers
Bulldogs
Knights
+ Bears

The NRL would be asking for trouble if they placed another team in NSW

My prediction?
The Central Coast Bears will be in the comp in 2013.
Then they will finish with the spoon every comp from then on.
They can't change that part of their heritage/culture.

why does a team on the CC need to be named the bears ?
if they get a team up there let the people choose the Name

The Central Coast Teen mums for instance

i would love for the bears to not be in the comp, but could you imagine the rivalry ! if im right the only northern eagles player left in the squad is Jason King ?

The Bears are being back by some big companies on the Coast and they will be strong when all the local come through. Once they get in I bet Singo will help so they can fill his stadium each fortnight.

On Manly I am really concerned how everything takes so much time. I have never worried about our front office but lately I have concerns....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7