SPOILER:Manly v Souths news and chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is something about the Bunnies which we don't deal to well with. I'd like someone with more time on their hands than I do, but it wouldn't surprise me if say over the last 5, maybe even 10 years, the Bunnies seem to always score alot of points against us. Maybe we take them too easy because we almost always win, but from memory they are always high scoring games.

I was behind the southern goal posts (with the Hasler's Heroes sign) and I thought the ball that Souths kicked off landed just inside the line by a few millimetres.
Though it clearly looked like Nathan Merrit was already out when he hit the ball back in, I was disappointed with Manly's effort in making sure that ball was securely out.
But overall, it was euphoric to have all the tries scored right under our nose in the latter part of the second half... plus my son gets a kick out of Igor and his chick. ;^)

One thing that I kept noticing was how often Souths players go low in the tackle. Our guys were getting tripped up all over the place.

I'm surprised that any team in the league encourages tackling like this, not only is it dangerous & not always effective but it also allows a quick play the ball. It isn't gridiron lads, no more cut blocks - have some guts & tackle your man properly.

captainskin said:
I was behind the southern goal posts (with the Hasler's Heroes sign) and I thought the ball that Souths kicked off landed just inside the line by a few millimetres.
Though it clearly looked like Nathan Merrit was already out when he hit the ball back in, I was disappointed with Manly's effort in making sure that ball was securely out.
A few millimetres?? What impressive eyesight you have.

Great to see Foz step up in that last quarter - that barge over the line to score was fantastic!

That ball that landed off the kickoff near the line -was- just inside for mine.
But the benefit of the doubt call was wrong - that player had his foot grounded out while his hand still on the ball.

Great to see Kitey running well again!
Overall, a somewhat messy win but in the end a good one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7