Spidercam Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Spidercam thoughts

• Total voters
RE: i hate spidercam

Yep, another one here who doesn't like it.

I agree with others, just use it for replays

They'll work out what is it's best angles and I think it'll give a good perspective if used properly. Direct overhead is crap, back a little bit behind the line gives a good view.

cliffhanger said:

same here every time they switch i get same vertigo symtoms and if it does not improve i wont watch nines games only record so can fast forward when it comes on. get rid of it
great game by the mighty sea eagles we can only get better

I too have Arachnophobia & don't like the Spider cam. CH9 are really NFL wannabes with Spidercam & Sideline Yvonne.

MadMarcus said:
I can live with it. Not sure I can live with Tom Waterhouse though.

Good point. I'd rather spider cam than the punting spider.

Spidercam confirms this for me.

If it doesnt show an as yet unseen vision from (almost) a players eye level perspective then its a no from me"

If its doesnt provide a new vision from a "whole of field" or "whole of defense" or "whole of attack" perspective, then its a no from me.

Nothing I saw tonight convinces its a winner but then again im sure many who view the foory show will be sold on it as a wonderful new technological advancement.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Great for cricket, Sh*thouse for NRL i can't stand it.
Who else was screaming at the TV to change views?

i was, every time they decided to use it during play

New poll
whats your thoughts on Spidercam, (Can a mod please merge this with the other one please)

Hate it - Get rid of it
Love it
use it for replays only not in live plays
Not sure at this stage

Use it for replays

I think it is good for head on (agree best for replays) and has a place in live play. Directly overhead offers nothing though. You can't see the defence, players more than 2 either side of the ruck and the ball is out of the frame as soon as it is kicked.

yup, it has its place... but not in every second set of tackles. they went well overboard with it and it got annoying.
replays + half / full time analysis
goal / touch kicking
scrum packing
all fine.. but general play got really annoying

They need to throw a decent camera on it. The picture quality is not good enough

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6