Spellings for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Stuart
2. Tarfooha
3. Lyons
4 Matteye
5. Tresomethingorother
6. Notknownatthisaddress
7. Daley Cherrievens
8. Tresomethingorother
9. Becausei'm
10. Miles
11. Braun
12. Senna Laughayoh
13. Bewrher
Coach Barebutt
Bert Stuart, free of Jeff Toothy, with a new deal, should be primed for a big won.

I was reading about Hasler/Greenburg breach notice on a RLW app.
Hasler was talking his team up, RLW quoted him,
, "..that's pretty much where the WRAPS end.."

Were they serving chicken wraps at Presser?
Raps, as in rapport, I'm thinking.
That's a particularly poor effort by rlw. The term "to rap" someone is rarely used outside of Australian sport, and is most often is associated with rugby league.

It is an old term derived from "rapture" and in recent decades it has almost exclusively only appeared in print in Aussie sporting articles. For Rugby League Week to spell it wrong shows how far it has fallen as a mag.

So for 2016 let's adopt "wrap" as the "official" silvertails' spelling.

Last edited:
That's a particularly poor effort by rlw. The term "to rap" someone is rarely used outside of Australian sport, and is most often is associated with rugby league.

It is an old term derived from "rapture" and in recent decades it has almost exclusively only appeared in print in Aussie sporting articles. For Rugby League Week to spell it wrong shows how far it has fallen as a mag.

I kind of feel that the terms 'wraps' should only be used in the context of the bulldogs, or Robbie Farrah. o_O

The rap around.

I've enjoyed the efforts on this site for 2015, and note that Koroisau has already been spelled as Korosaio in a thread title, and we are months away from 2016.

Let's agree now that for next year Jamie Lyon continues to have an "s" on his surname, the Penns keep their apostrophe (i.e. the Penn's) and that the "h" in Buhrer is either optional or moveable.

Any more nominations?

As always, "you're" will continue to be "your" in general discussion.

Thei're are always other nominations.

No, the correct spelling is wraps.

Rap is an American term with a very negative connotation, as in bum rap or rap sheet.

Contrasted with 'to have big wraps on someone' which refers to their positive potential and how much excellence is expected of them, this term derives from the fancy packaging in which you'd hope to find a very special gift.

Neither bum rap nor big wraps are related to the expression 'to be rapt' in something, which does derive from rapture and enraptured.

Hmmm, this discussion is quite surreal. @:cool:

Last edited:
No, the correct spelling is wraps.

Rap is an American term with a very negative connotation, as in bum rap or rap sheet.

Contrasted with 'to have big wraps on someone' which refers to their positive potential and how much excellence is expected of them, this term derives from the fancy packaging in which you'd hope to find a very special gift.

Neither bum rap nor big wraps are related to the expression 'to be rapt' in something, which does derive from rapture and enraptured.

Hmmm, this discussion is quite surreal. @:cool:
I was in the rapt camp re raps, but will stand corrected

I'm assuming that could of, would of, should of will continue unabated, or with baited breath at least.

By the way I was always in the "rap" camp, not the "wrap" camp.

I see Dave Smith is finally getting names right...
images.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4