Speeding Ticket

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have you seen the email about the workcover guy who got pulled up for speeding in Melbourne. He was doing about 68 klm's in a 60 zone anyway he copped the fine ok but as the copper was going back to his car the workcover guy fined him $800 for not wearing a safety vest.

:yeah:

It's all bull****. Police only have to wear the safety vest at fixed roadside positions. ie. RBT or speed camera. They don't have to wear it when pulling someone over. I'm sure it has to do with the flashing lights on the top of the car.

That's fantastic (as is your sig... I can never think of anything clever to put in there).

I don't know if it stands up against the one from Auckland, but you gotta love anything that involves getting one up on a cop!

It's all bull****. Police only have to wear the safety vest at fixed roadside positions. ie. RBT or speed camera. They don't have to wear it when pulling someone over. I'm sure it has to do with the flashing lights on the top of the car.

It may have been a speed camera set up as I did not get the email myself but was told about it. Then again It could be just an urban myth.

I heard a story where police on the central coast were pulling drivers for RBT over and one of the drivers was a workcover inspector. he fined all of the police for not wearing their green jackets.

Apprantly police now have to do a risk assessment of any spot where they want to set up an RBT or speed camera. This is supposedly why we never see the RBT over the north side of the spit bridge anymore because it was deemed too risky a spot.

Workcover is said to be a major problem for the police these days in that any commender who sends hs oficers to an area which is deemed high risk and they get injured then apprantly the commander can be used.

id be willing to be that the workcover guy has to be very careful too, cops can be vengeful as well.

Its a shame - some workcover people are great, some are on power trips and spoil the good they do

A cop died at a RBT (central coast from memory) and as a result the Police had to review all their safety procedures and meet WorkCover standards. Seems fair enough to me - all workers are entitled to a reasonable level of safety in the workplace and where a life is put in jeopardy then the risk assessment responsibilities get raised.

Does that explain why they always set their speed traps at the bottom of a hill where the 60 zone signs are partially obscured at the crest of the hill?

I heard a story where police on the central coast were pulling drivers for RBT over and one of the drivers was a workcover inspector. he fined all of the police for not wearing their green jackets.

Apprantly police now have to do a risk assessment of any spot where they want to set up an RBT or speed camera. This is supposedly why we never see the RBT over the north side of the spit bridge anymore because it was deemed too risky a spot.

Workcover is said to be a major problem for the police these days in that any commender who sends hs oficers to an area which is deemed high risk and they get injured then apprantly the commander can be used.

This RBT is there almost weekly still. I drive past it on thursday nights after soccer and it is just on the north side of the spit almost every week, though I haven't see it the last 2 weeks, but I have been going through earlier :)

I stand corrected.

It's just that i have not seen one there for 12 months at least. I obviously must get out to Mosman more often.

lol yup i drive through there late most tuesdays and thursdays

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7