Speculation Max v Mayer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair though Jatz - is that right of him to be like that? I mean - I agree with what you say - but it's just not a cool attitude.

Should Pepsi resent The Eagles because Quantam are our sponsors now?

Max purchased a product, and got a return out of it. Without The Eagles, I'm betting Max would be a nobody really (speaking of brand presence I mean here).

I actually think Max has received his fair share of time in the spotlight for his cash. Now that he's not paying anymore, he still wants all the limelight. 

Ryan link said:
To be fair though Jatz - is that right of him to be like that? I mean - I agree with what you say - but it's just not a cool attitude.

I couldnt agree more Ryan.

Dont get me wrong. I couldnt be any more of a critic of delmege. My post above was a momentary lapse into civility. He needs to be booted and post haste.

8)

Matabele link said:
Byso would be bereft without a conspiracy theory.

Max needs the cash and is forcing a buy-out, but on his terms.  He will either get the millions he needs, or he will trash the joint trying to do so.

Seems you're lost without a conspiracy theory too Mata.  And Max adds significant weight to your theory with every one of his ventures into media territory. It does seem as if Max feels he was misled about the hole Manly was in and that he consequently overcommitted while the economy was booming and is now desperately struggling to find a way to extract a return in a recession. Damaging his image and others' in the process.

Jatz Crackers link said:
He put in as saviour and then found his financial, emotional and controlling interest diluted/demoted by the Penns.
  He approved the Penn buy-in as well as the price.  Who is to blame then?

I read the Dean Ritchie blog on the Tele site last night and someone there stated that Max is pretty good at saying stupid things in the media and then backtracking several days later.

I think his 'not knowing the hole Manly was in' comments are exactly that. The figures he is throwing around are combining the bail-out money and sponsorship.

I also think Jatz above has hit the nail on the head.

The comments on the blog relating to Max's loss of support from the coaching and retention committee over the Monaghan 'affair' are also pertinent. My mail is that some in the club have tired of his meddling in Football Club affairs. He is a business man and knows property, but professional sport is a different game.

It is unseemly for saviours to shoot their mouths off in the press, harbour ill-will, and engage in no-holds-barred power plays. As a saviour Max should realise he is a role model for all other future saviours.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=180527.msg224971#msg224971 date=1243257793]

He put in as saviour and then found his financial, emotional and controlling interest diluted/demoted by the Penns.
 He approved the Penn buy-in as well as the price.  Who is to blame then?
[/quote]

Only himself one would think. Maybe the emotion has clouded his memory of making those consequential decisions. Its certainly strange to see.

Matabele link said:
Max needs the cash and is forcing a buy-out, but on his terms.  He will either get the millions he needs, or he will trash the joint trying to do so.

What happened to the part where the club would be sold back to the fans on the public exchang or whatever? 

One other question, did Mayer say he'd sue or was that 'made up' in that media story?

Correct me if i'm wrong but if Delmege gets 'his way' then it would look like this:
Financial problems of his own (ATO etc)
Mayer sacked
Possible lawsuit from Mayer, if sacked immediately
Penns holding on to the football club land
Penns selling their share of Manly back to Delmege
Sponsors possibly pulling out - Quantum, Mack, Penn Health + more
Staff in revolt
caoch and players??
... The Manly club would be looking good...who'd want to inherit that just for their own sake!?!?

Mind you this is all i can remember and only from the news crap i read over the days.

My feeling is that the proposed public listing of Manly is just a pie in the sky idea but Max thinks it gains him acceptance with the fans and therefore he throws it up when a microphone is under his chin.

Actions would appear to be speaking louder than words when it comes to Manly fan's perceptions of the situation.

The fan buy-out of the club is rubbish.  The football itself has declining membership and most people are just getting Screaming Eagles membership.

Why would you pay the $35pa or whatever it is for footbal club membership unless you were passionate about ensuring the club stays at Brookvale.  The only thing you get for the $35 is an annual renewal letter, a letter or two of errant propoganda from Bob Reilly and the right to vote at a board election more farcical than a branch-stacked ALP gathering in Cambelltown. 

And yes, I do stump the $35pa for this nonsense to keep alive the tiny flickering change that maybe one day my vote will contribute to getting rid of the festy old boys club that currently run the joint.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7