• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fro

First Grader
Dan why are we getting spam on here?

this "you have new message" crap while the site is in the middle of a big facelift is a bit lame don't you think?

Or is it just me that doesn't like this?

Yeah unfortunately I didn't have full control over the ads that were showing. I now have some more strict control so the adult style ads should now be gone.

The you have 1 message is just an advert, it isn't something i put in place to trick anyone.

Fact is site still costs a fair bit to run, so have to have some ads on the site. They should be a bit cleaner now though!

Why would you be taken in by a message "you have one new message from a user in Terrigal".  As if anyone in Terrigal can write!

Matabele link said:
Why would you be taken in by a message \"you have one new message from a user in Terrigal\".  As if anyone in Terrigal can write!

AFAIK it will be different for everyone. It is supposed to be geo-targeted I believe but I go through a VPN that connects to Perth so for me it says 'Perth'

yup major carriers will route through major hubs. i.e. Brisbane, Sydney, perth Melbourne

however your work probably has a business account which will route through local exchanges and servers, depending on the size of your business

Matabele link said:
We have servers at Port Stephens

Your servers are unimportant unless all network traffic is routed through them. Likely the backbone and pipe they are connected to is Sydney.

The internets isn't magic there is just a hell of a lot of complex routing going on

No Fro!

it is Internets...it is Internets language!

also known as
Innerwebs
innernets
internet
innernet
interweb
interwebs

somethings akin to lolz etc

Not really, just because it is pluralized here doesn't actually mean it is a plural!

This is outside of English now matey!

Yeah I'm not fluent in nerd............matey.

Although I do know that they make it up as they go along :)

Fro link said:
Yeah I'm not fluent in nerd............matey.

Although I do know that they make it up as they go along :)

Hence, not being able to be corrected :)

Really??

I never drew that conclusion :)

Although I would have said they are able to be corrected, but were never incorrect..

same result!

innerwebs 5p3ak makez 11f3 345y

See at least I am not using that 1337 speak crap!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8