Souths VS Storm!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wombatgc said:
That kicking game is insane from the storm.
Sutton moves and passes like a sloth compared to his opposite.
Luckily for the rabbits, Ryles is on the field.:s

mate how lucky was that bounce for the try at the end of the first half

mickqld said:
f**k off Souffs you pretenders. Storm, Sea Eagles and daylight 2nd.

Mate we should think ourselves lucky that we weren't playing them tonight.

We haven't really played anyone yet.

Just watch the DT and Ch9 talk up Souffs saying what a wonderful effort they're premiership contenders blah blah blah. If you want to win a title you wont have Reynolds/Sutton halves and Goodwin/Champion centers. They've got great forwards but **** house backs.

Brilliant game.
My god if George Burgess is this good at the moment he'll get better, the scary thing is they reckon his twin's better!

COMMANDER said:
mickqld said:

Mate we should think ourselves lucky that we weren't playing them tonight.

We haven't really played anyone yet.
Mate the Sea eagles have just been cruising and Gift is still to come into the side so we haven't really seen anything yet :D

Souffs never looked like winning that game. The Storm always looked in control and would do enough when needed and when they had to, to win it. Souffs always looked like they were chasing the win and desperately trying for the win, whereas the Storm looked like the win was theirs, they just have to play their normal controlling agressive game. Souffs line speed in defense was fluctuating during the game. They are a team that needs to clock off at various stages which will always cost them in the big games.

Don't give a crap about either team but the Storm were offside all night as usual and Slater looked to have knocked on in front of his sticks about 1 minute prior to the sum clinching the game. No replay to verify this of course.

mickqld said:

Counting to 3 not your strong point ? ;)

Anybody that doesn't think Souths are contenders in this comp are kidding themselves

Rugby League is big on momentum and getting a roll on these days, and when Souths get that momentum up with the likes of the Burgess brothers and Inglis coming at you they will be very hard to stop.

They do struggle with consistency and that will need to be worked on during the year, but they were final 4 last year and I am not seeing anything from any other teams to suggest they won't be around that mark again

Kiwi Eagle said:
mickqld said:

Counting to 3 not your strong point ? ;)

Anybody that doesn't think Souths are contenders in this comp are kidding themselves

Rugby League is big on momentum and getting a roll on these days, and when Souths get that momentum up with the likes of the Burgess brothers and Inglis coming at you they will be very hard to stop.

They do struggle with consistency and that will need to be worked on during the year, but they were final 4 last year and I am not seeing anything from any other teams to suggest they won't be around that mark again

The real deal is not just making the final 4 . The real deal is winning the comp

If you make the final 4, you are only 2 wins away. You are fairly obviously a contender from there, and they have strengthened their side from last year to now

Kiwi Eagle said:
If you make the final 4, you are only 2 wins away. You are fairly obviously a contender from there, and they have strengthened their side from last year to now
Tonight the Storm were always in the lead and in control of the game and along with Manly they are premiership contenders whereas to me the bunnies are still pretenders . I tipped them to lose tonight and they proved me right

With a bit of luck Souths could have won that. I agree, Melb. controlled the game, souths were in it all the way though. I thought the refs went easy on the Storm, Slater's knock on and another Melb player was lucky to stay on the field after a professional foul with about 10 to go.
Souths will take more from that game than Melb.

TokyoEagle said:
With a bit of luck Souths could have won that. I agree, Melb. controlled the game, souths were in it all the way though. I thought the refs went easy on the Storm, Slater's knock on and another Melb player was lucky to stay on the field after a professional foul with about 10 to go.
Souths will take more from that game than Melb.
From what i have seen Souths will take another beating from the real deal Sea eagles

BOZO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Tonight the Storm were always in the lead and in control of the game and along with Manly they are premiership contenders whereas to me the bunnies are still pretenders . I tipped them to lose tonight and they proved me right

You remember v the Storm at Brookie in 2008 ? We lost and were never in front but took confidence from it. Same sort of game last night

Utility Player said:
Don't give a crap about either team but the Storm were offside all night as usual and Slater looked to have knocked on in front of his sticks about 1 minute prior to the sum clinching the game. No replay to verify this of course.

I mentioned the lack of replays after the first cpl of rounds previously..what's the go?..some genius thinks that because of the pace of the game now we can't have replays?...Brandy and Warren (wanker) Smith were both basically pleading with the program director to show them the Slater knock on, and the one where (I think) Hayne penalised for a shoulder charge, nothing! WHY?...one they did replay which they didn't have to was wether Ryles had the ball stripped or he lost it...fumble boy has always had at least a cpl lose carries every game.

Kiwi Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

You remember v the Storm at Brookie in 2008 ? We lost and were never in front but took confidence from it. Same sort of game last night
I think Manly were missing Lyon at 5/8 that game and his long kicking game in the grandfinal made a big difference.

Looking at the Souths/storm game the penalty count was 10/5 Souths way and their completion rate was 85% and 6 errors, so that was probably Souths best chance to get a win against Melbourne and they failed. Melbourne had a completion rate of 76% and 12 errors.

Kiwi Eagle said:
BOZO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Same sort of game but not the same sort of team and thats the difference . The rabbits will lose again at Brookie next round and will lose confidence from it .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2