1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Souths VS Storm!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Apr 13, 2013.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Not often a game without the Seaeagles gets me pumped but I see these 2 as the genuine threats to Manly this year, add Roosters on recent form.
    Who do you tip & why??
    I think the Rabbits will have a point to prove & with the Burgess boys, Reynolds & Inglis leading the way should get there.
    Tips & by how much -
    for mine Souths by 13 - 18

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    I don't care. Tipped Storm then changed to Souths when Slater was in doubt. Hope there are no long term suspensions or season ending injuries to come out of the match.

Melbourne losing would be a bonus because their club is riddled with unprincipled News Ltd culture, plus that way Manly will lead the comp when we beat Souths next week.

3. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Agreed MK. Should be a cracker of a game. One of the few downsides to having the draw done in advance is that a game like this, 1 v 2, is not on FTA.

Souths have the advantage in the forwards and Melbourne lost any edge they had in the backs with the withdrawal of Slater. It's always dangerous to tip against Melbourne, but this week I will.
    Souths by 14.

ok - so now I hear Slater will play. So now I'm gonna tip a draw.

4. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    It is all about the spine. Storm>>> Souths.

5. Brookie Brawler

Brookie Brawler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +428 / 6
    2 v 3 from 2012 so surely this game was likely to b a goodn when the draw was done(and definitely better than Tigers v Dragons ). Unfortunately 9 think the Storm don't rate unless they r playing the Broncos - and GF reply was also on 9. Our game v Storm is Monday night again. Same **** different day / year.

6. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,851 / 192
    MK , did you see the rabbits last game against the warriors who are last on the ladder with minus 56 points ? The warriors were at their woeful best and the rabbits just managed to escape with a 2 points win. Who ever will replace slater will slot smoothly into the melbourne methodical machine and let the bunnies know that the easter show is over .

7. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I think Souths can win this in a close one 1-12. The scary thing is both teams are not even playing at 100% of their capability atm.

8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Soutis forwards will break the spine.

the Scum panic when their dummy half forward passes are negated.

Souths by 13+ and Manly to skin them in 2 weeks :D

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Bozo is right. If the bunnies played like they did against the warriors, they'll get beaten by 50. Merritt can't defend so the Storm will throw plenty his way. A Storm win. Hopefully many season ending injuries to come out of the game.

10. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    If the Storm play like they did against the Tigers and don't get the leg ups from the ref and Souths play like they did against the Roosters the Storm will get beaten by 50, but last starts and previous form count for nothing, it's what happens on the day that counts

11. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    MIGOTY!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Would have been hard to expect much from the Roosters based on form after their mass fail against the lowly Raiders last week. but 38-0 against a desperate Dogs team showed where they were at imo.
    See a similar pattern here though obviously the opposition (Storm) at least have some guts & are 10 fold better.
    I do get your point in terms of that, but gunna run a line through that effort.
    Souths took a foot of the gas & were only ever in cruise control though I think only few teams would have come home & snatched it from NZ over there after falling behind.
    I expect the big Souths fowards led by the Burgess boys to win the battle up front & give Reynolds & Sutton the time & space to get GI/Merrit into the game for some huge plays.

13. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    MK, Souths were lucky to win in NZ. They were gifted two tries by the inept warriors, something the Storm won't do. Storm will win tonight through the class of their spine.

14. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Well you can put a line through the Knights. Terrible performance at home against an injury depleted but very gutsy Panthers team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Fox just aired a full frontal of Crocker :huh:

I am rhocked and outraged that they have failed to feature our 2 Sexiest Man in League, Snake and Matt as well as the God of League, Wolfie :(

Hope my sight returns by 2pm tomorrow !

16. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    How was that fend; Proctor on Inglis and Proctor scores.

Brought a tear to my eye.

17. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I'd rather Souths win. Manly play them next. I'd rather Manly play teams who are coming off a win, than a loss.

18. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,767 / 258
    Watching this game on Fox, South under all the pressure so far currently 6-0 Scum

19. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Souffs are bull****. March premiers as usual. They've had the easiest start to the year with the draw and struggled to some lucky wins against 4 fairly **** teams. Should've lost to Warriors struggled to beat Dogs,Panthers and Sharks. 1 good win in rd 1 over chooks and that's it.
    [hr]
    I hope the Storm kick their arse.

20. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,490 / 42
    That kicking game is insane from the storm.
    Sutton moves and passes like a sloth compared to his opposite.
    Luckily for the rabbits, Ryles is on the field.:s

• Like Like x 1