Souths V St George 3 dumb actions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Not sure why this got under my skin as not a Manly match but 3 things bugged me from last nights match. The refs bad decision on Mitch Rein supposably losing the ball should have resulted in Souths winning with a field goal.

With 10 seconds to go in normal time Nathan Peats knocks on. St George should have won it from there with a field goal.

All Brett Morris had to do in extra time was to fall over the line for St George to win and the game stops. What was the point of trying to run around for a better position? There was never going to be a kick for goal!!! If the ball had been knocked out of his hand as he was putting it down he would have been the worlds biggest goose and the footage would have been broadcast around the world.

southsideeagle said:
Not sure why this got under my skin as not a Manly match but 3 things bugged me from last nights match. The refs bad decision on Mitch Rein supposably losing the ball should have resulted in Souths winning with a field goal.

With 10 seconds to go in normal time Nathan Peats knocks on. St George should have won it from there with a field goal.

All Brett Morris had to do in extra time was to fall over the line for St George to win and the game stops. What was the point of trying to run around for a better position? There was never going to be a kick for goal!!! If the ball had been knocked out of his hand as he was putting it down he would have been the worlds biggest goose and the footage would have been broadcast around the world.

I thought the same thing. When Dugan made that break I thought for sure they should have gone to the right for the field goal. The entire souths team were offside there so at worst they would have gotten a penalty, however going to the left did result in a try though, so on that, I would have to say it was the right move, though why Morris tried to better the position I just dont know

Dan

Only watched about 5 mins of that game but souffs were offside every play the ball. They also have a different rule for their markers because they usually stand next to each other and the refs let them get away with it

MissKate said:
Only watched about 5 mins of that game but souffs were offside every play the ball. They also have a different rule for their markers because they usually stand next to each other and the refs let them get away with it

Dead right Miss Kate, they are the worst wrestlers in the game always having at least two goes at the tackled player, they lay on for an eternity, never mark square and if they do get on side they go early.

Yes, Souths seem to get the rub of the green with the refs.

I loved that they lost, even though it cost me a perfect rd.

Dan said:
southsideeagle said:

I thought the same thing. When Dugan made that break I thought for sure they should have gone to the right for the field goal. The entire souths team were offside there so at worst they would have gotten a penalty, however going to the left did result in a try though, so on that, I would have to say it was the right move, though why Morris tried to better the position I just dont know

Dan

I'd say Morris trying to improve the position was just his natural instinct as a footballer scoring a try. I've seen people do it in touch footy. The same as refs in touch footy sometimes look to both 'touch judges' before awarding a try even though there aren't any touch judges.

True Bones. As Gus would say

"You can't coach that, that's an Origin player mentality right there"

Chip and Chase said:
True Bones. As Gus would say

"You can't coach that, that's an Origin player mentality right there"

That's what the fox team say about every player that scores a try "he is destined for origin"

I watched that game myself. But I wanted the Dragons to win so that the gap at the top of the table between Souths and Roosters would close. I just don't get why when Souths got penalised in Golden Point, that the Dragons wouldn't take the penalty goal; that would've been the game done right there. I'm just glad that that gap has closed now. Although it probably won't very last long. I'll just enjoy it while I can.

Souths have had a bit of a golden run with their main troops not injured, and origin hasn't been massive to them like the Storm.

This is their first real hiccup.....and I'm praying not their last!! The fact that with Inglis injured the betting turned the Roosters into comp favourites shows what an impact his injury could have.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4