1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Souths v Slime

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DSM5, Mar 20, 2009.

1. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'm watching this game.  Could someone tell me why Parras second try wasn't a penalty try.  Merritt led with his feet into the tryscorer, ala Slater.  No penalty try.  NRL is the new acronym for 'hypocrites'. 

2. mwsneagle

mwsneagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Exactly.
    He did what we call a "slater defence" - in with the foot studs up as well (as they say in soccer ) but nothing? :eek:

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'll be phoning Finch (senior) on Monday to see why a penalty try wasn't awarded.  Two referees and they still can't get it right. 

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    That was weird. If it was Slater he would have been penalised and put on report. Maybe the refs were just so startled by seeing someone else do the move they didn't how to react. They will all be reminded this week I reckon.

5. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    I started watching this game but thought the whole thing was a bit boring so I looked up the final score on vodaphone live and then watched a DVD (g-rated of course).