Souths v Manly [Round 23 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Impressed with the Close the Gap jersey the boys wore against Warriors.

As the Close the Gap round is this weekend why can't Manly play against Souths wearing it?

Judging by the way the media portrayed suttons injury i dont think souffs would risk him yet given its so close to finals.

They have named keary on the bench, i would think he would be playing.

Smells of desperation if Inglis and Sutton are playing. There is no way that those guys will be ready for this game.
Souths are in a downward spin now......

The big thing from us last meeting the rabbits was the awesome job Goodwin did on containing Lyon, he continually rushed in and chopped killer down not allowing Lyon to skip to the outside to put wolfman away. I'm thinking tooves will be aware of this and has probably fine tuned our right side in case goodwin is successful again ( and let's face it, he did what no other opposing centre has managed to do)

The other option would be in attack to run snake outside of killer rather than inside, if Goodwin rushes up, Jamie becomes distributor to snake who creates the overlap for Wolfy.

That's true, but I also live the sneaky tactic I suggested...

Last game it was as if Goodwin had been programmed to solely focus on killer... Doing something radical to combat this cold reap massive rewards.

Souths v Manly preview from David Middleton

Friday night, August 16, 7.35pm, Bluetongue Stadium

Things were beginning to look grim for the Rabbitohs following injuries to Greg Inglis and John Sutton, three losses from four games and then the two-game suspension for prop Sam Burgess.

But by Tuesday afternoon, the Rabbitohs’ outlook was looking a whole lot brighter after Inglis and Sutton were both selected to make their comebacks against Manly and yet another Burgess brother, Luke, took Sam’s place in the front row.

It is the second time this season that coach Michael Maguire has used the “Burgess for Burgess” strategy – last time it was Thomas replacing George when George was banned for two games for his off-field indiscretion in Cairns.

No coach has ever had such options available to him and it opens the way for all four Burgess brothers to figure in this year’s finals series.

Souths’ outlook may have improved but they will still be battling the odds to overcome Manly this Friday night. The Sea Eagles are on a hot streak of six successive wins and they will be comfortable in their Central Coast surroundings, having beaten the Warriors at Bluetongue Stadium last Sunday.

Look for Souths to score a try as First Scoring Play but consider a Manly victory by 1-12 points.

Best chances for First Tryscorer are Nathan Merritt, Bryson Goodwin or Matt King for the Rabbitohs or Jorge Taufua, David Williams or Jamie Lyon for Manly.

TIP: Sea Eagles by 4

FootyTAB Margins: Sea Eagles 1-12

I read that eagles members will get in free on production of membership card. Is this correct? Does anyone out there know?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Souths v Manly preview from David Middleton

Look for Souths to score a try as First Scoring Play but consider a Manly victory by 1-12 points.
Best chances for First Tryscorer are Nathan Merritt, Bryson Goodwin or Matt King for the Rabbitohs or Jorge Taufua, David Williams or Jamie Lyon for Manly.

TIP: Sea Eagles by 4

FootyTAB Margins: Sea Eagles 1-12

Nah, Best chance for FTS is Brett Stewart or Horo, FFS. and best chance for last to score is Nathan, with a 'consolation try', but it will not console them, their season coming apart.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6