Souths to sign Burgess brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
IMAGINE taking on a forward pack that included Sam Burgess and three of his almost identical brothers.

Well, the South Sydney Rabbitohs are trying to make it happen - and it could be a reality by the start of next season.

Sam's older brother, Luke, plays for the Leeds Rhinos, while younger twins, Tom and George, 18, play for his old club the Bradford Bulls.

Tom and George are even bigger than Sam, weighing in at 115kg. George is the most highly regarded young forward in the English Super League and a member of England's development academy.

"We'd like to have them all here as soon as possible," says Souths CEO Shane Richardson.

It would be a massive marketing boost for Souths and the entire NRL.

"It would be great if it could happen for next year, but we have to respect they are still under contract to Bradford and Leeds in England.

"The three boys have all been out here to see Sam. They love the place and they all want to play for Souths. It's up to the manager back in England, who looks after all three of them, to make the next move. I have been speaking to him regularly about the boys, but I can't do much more until they sort everything out with their clubs."

Not since the good old Belmore days,when Steve, Chris and Peter Mortimer played at Canterbury, has an NRL club had three brothers in one team. You have to go back 100 years to find a team with four brothers. Ray, Rex, Roy and Bernard Norman played for Annandale against Souths on August 20, 1910.

Souths are confident they can squeeze the Burgess boys under the salary cap by including George and Tom in Toyota Cup and Luke in the first-grade squad.

It would take a lot of lubrication to squeeze their heads into a scrum. Burgess reminds me of living bobblehead doll.

lol why dont they look for a good half back, orford would have been ideal for them as a fill in, they have good go forward, just  no one directing attack for the full game..sutton isnt too bad but goes missing, plus it seems too much responsiblity for him..

The mother of the Burgess clan is going to have so many houses courtesy of Russell Crowe she'll be a new feudal madam.

The twin's Tom and George would still be pretty cheap - yet to play a Super League game I think.
Luke Burgess would be pretty pricey though.

Ant80 link said:
The twin's Tom and George would still be pretty cheap - yet to play a Super League game I think.
Luke Burgess would be pretty pricey though.

None of them would be heading over on small coin, they would all demand a bit. Souths are stupid if they try this, really dumb. They will be stuck with 4 brothers, unable to offload one with out being afraid half the team will leave.

Moondog link said:
[quote author=Goldie link=topic=185732.msg301841#msg301841 date=1286711554]
Can Russ recommend a good accountant for Manly?????
The ones Souths use seem very creative ;D
[/quote]  I can assure you the Souths accountants are a very long way distant from the promises and incentives being given privately by Crowe.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6