Souths the real deal??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
Worst scenario for us is a storm v bulldogs GF that would be tragic.

Tragic only if the Bulldogs won. I would enjoy seeing ANY team beat the Bulldogs in a GF. I used to hate the Storm, Sharks, Parra, Roosters, Souths and Newcastle with a passion. But now the only team I really hate is the Bulldogs. When compared to the Bulldogs I actually quite like all other teams.

Brookvale said:
On their day they can beat anyone.

attacking flair in wing. inglis is so hard to stop. Tough Mobile forwards lead around by Isaac Luke.
Craig wing doesnt play for them anymore.....

Souths don't strike me as a side that is clinical enough to grind out a tough finals win when needed. Maybe they can go all the way on chancing their arm and individual brilliance, but if they get in an arm wrestle I think they will not have the mental toughs to battle it out. I think their halves will let them down when the real business starts.

Personally I couldn't find my way to cheer for any side that contains a turncoat like Inglis. Crocker is a grub who doesn't deserve another premiership. I'd rather they not win.

Souths are a bunch of pretenders. They string a few good wins against sh*thouse teams, and everyone is having a wankfest over them. Over the years I have grown to accept that they overrated scums who wank on about the past.

I think Souths will make a few teams uncomfortable about playing them...They have a big mobile pack....Dont think they can win it, but will be there abouts, if like any team, they stay injury free

cliffylyons said:
Souths are a bunch of pretenders. They string a few good wins against sh*thouse teams, and everyone is having a wankfest over them. Over the years I have grown to accept that they overrated scums who wank on about the past.

Totally agree with this eloquent post.

Bradza said:
cliffylyons said:

Totally agree with this eloquent post.

Lets take a look at their season so far:

Rd1. Lost to Roosters
Rd 2. Lost to Melbourne
Rd 3. Flogged a rubbish Penrith
Rd 4. Lost to Brisbane
Rd 5. Beat a hot and cold tigers by 1 pt
Rd 6. Beat the Bulldogs by 10 points
Rd 7. Copped a flogging by NZ
Rd 8. Just beat NQLD
Rd 9. Beat Cronulla
Rd 10. Bye
Rd 11. Lost to us
Rd 12. Flogged an inconsistent Canberra
Rd 13. Lost to Bulldogs
Rd 14. Bye
Rd 15. Beat Parramatta (What an accomplishment)
Rd 16. Lost to Brisbane
Rd 17. Beat Penrith again
Rd 18. Beat an under-performing Newcastle.

As you can see they really haven't beaten any of the top teams of the year, except once against Canterbury. They haven't strung more than 2 wins together in a row. They're a rubbish team, I expect the Roosters to beat them next week.

Beat Cronulla...Beat Nth QLD....Beat NZ........we will see...i dont like them but they are a better side than people think....IMO......

Kiwi Eagle said:
Duff, you'd prefer Melbourne ?!?!?!

That's a ban worthy statement

Really?!?

Who the **** are Melbourne? They don't rate a bleep on my radar. Some johnny come lately expansion team that's been around 5 minutes.

I wasn't having nightmares as a little kid in the early 80's about melbourne. Parramatta on the other hand. That is our adversary. Easts, Bulldogs, Souths, ****ing qld ****ing cane toads. These are teams worthy of our fear and loathing. Melbourne, simply contempt and derision.

I stand by my sentiment. If we don't win, i want it as geographically far away from Brookvale as possible.

Warriors or Cowboys you'd prefer to win then Duff?

If Manly don't win i don't mind Warriors or Souths or Tigers. Unfortunately the 4 teams above Manly on the table at the moment are up their on my most disliked teams list for sure, only Parra can compete with those teams for me

Souths have the troops to win it. BUT, they just can't string it together over more than a few weeks. Inglis and a very solid forward pack says they could do good things but they seriously don't consistently turn up. This year they are pretenders, next year may be different.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4