Souths the real deal??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Are Souths a legitimate threat in 2012??
They have some gun players like Inglis, Burgess, Taylor & Luke with a great young half & plenty of speed out wide.
Always seemed a myth in the past but seem to have more resolve & confidence this season.
For mine its Manly, Storm & Dogs the major contendors but Souths are starting to look more of a threat than they have in many seasons.
Anyone else have them in the top 5 teams in 2012 or did I enjoy too many JD's over the weekend??

For mine Souths are a pretty dangerous team on any given day cause they have massive attacking weapons....but they are no huge chance to go all the way cause there defence is not up to that standard.

Sooner or later their lack of defence will cost them in big games maybe before the semi's or definitely in the semi's.

Manly, Storm, Bulldogs and Broncos are well ahead of the rest IMO.

Souths/Warriors with flukers hopes. Rest rank longshots.

Souths can beat anyone on their day! if the big guns stay fit I think they're a massive chance.

lloydy said:
Souths can beat anyone on their day! if the big guns stay fit I think they're a massive chance.

All of the current nine top clubs can do that. The test is which club can string together four or so strong performances in a row. I'm not sure Souffs can. Those that have won a string of matches are Melb, Manly, Cronulla, Brisbane, Dogs and Tigers. There are a lot of contenders at this stage.

Of the top 9, i see Cronulla fading to miss the 8.

At the moment i honestly see last years grand finalists meeting up again in the big one

bones said:
I think Souths are a chance. They are also the ones I'd like to see win it if Manly don't.

I agree Bones and have been thinking the exact same thing for a few weeks now. They've got a good mix of big names with GI, Taylor and Burgess and the rest of the squad is pretty solid.

And I could live with Souths as premiers. More than I could ever say about the Scum or Canterbury.

Souths are realistically probably a year or two away (certainly won't be helped by losing Taylor, although Teo is a decent replacement).

Crusher_Cleal said:
Souths are realistically probably a year or two away (certainly won't be helped by losing Taylor, although Teo is a decent replacement).

Souths have been a year or two away since 2006 and that's the way it will stay.

lloydy said:

Sutton will hold them back. A player in a key position who often seems to lack confidence. I haven't watched them for some time though, maybe he has improved.

The Warriors defence and structure is attrocious, I don't rate them any hope tbh. Their current rise is form is masked by the fact that the Cows and Titans were severely depleted

Everyone knows that no one likes losing in dramatic fashion better than the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Gonna be funny to watch.

On the other hand if 100,000 people marched through Sydney to get them back in the NRL, imagine what would happen if they won!

Hard to imagine Souths as anything but losers and LOL@Souffs. Sutton is much like Mateo & Inu very hot and cold & will crack under big finals pressure. Can't see them beating Scum, Us, Dogscum, Tigpies or Boncos when it counts.

have bben waiting for them to implode , which is usually the case . So the fact they haven't yet suggests they are a bigger threat now than they have been since their re admittance .

Having said that , once the real dig deep grinding semis type of footy starts in ernest , I will reserve my judgement .

TBH , I think they will be around till week 2 of the semis .

If souffs won can you imagine how torture their fans would be?
They're intolerable when they look good in the april premiership. I shudder to think how their fans and the media would act.

If it can't be Manly then can it just be Warriors, Cows or Melbourne? Get it the hell away from us, well most of us, sorry KE.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
The next two or 3 weeks are really going to show the contenders, a few teams are a chance to put on a good streak.

It's really anyone's in the top 6 or so now, all those teams can play footy, it's hard to go past Melbourne though, if they can get through relatively injury free I think they will snatch it.

Worst scenario for us is a storm v bulldogs GF that would be tragic.

On their day they can beat anyone.

attacking flair in wing. inglis is so hard to stop. Tough Mobile forwards lead around by Isaac Luke.

Just lack premiership halves at the moment.

Duff said:
If souffs won can you imagine how torture their fans would be?
They're intolerable when they look good in the april premiership. I shudder to think how their fans and the media would act.

If it can't be Manly then can it just be Warriors, Cows or Melbourne? Get it the hell away from us, well most of us, sorry KE.

Melbourne Premiers!?!? Stuff that I don't want to see them win a legit GF this century!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2